Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear brake light pressure switch location idea (help finding off the shelf part)

Rear brake light pressure switch location idea (help finding off the shelf part)

Have a set of rear sets on their way with no fitting to allow the use of the stock switch, now this leave's me with a big problem, I can't stand the look of the banjo bolt switches. I know it's simple enough, remove stock and fit the new switch but they're not exactly attractive and have wires poking out of the top. Just don't work for me.

So, here's my solution.

Use two braided lines for the rear brake, one from master cylinder to the caliper and another, either from the master cylinder or from a junction to which the pressure switch will be fitted. I could use a splitter similar to the one on the bottom yoke and use two holes to run lines and switch and blank the free one/two off depending on the neatest route at the master cylinder but the spliter's a little on the bulky side considering I could get away with just one tapped hole to do the same job.

The splitter could be mounted out of sight hiding it and the wiring.

Problem.

Suitable splitter, or rather small enough to be nicely tucked out of the way of prying eyes

Anyone know of an off the shelf splitter I could use?

Re: Rear brake light pressure switch location idea (help finding off the shelf part)

Why dont you just stack the banjo's?

Re: Rear brake light pressure switch location idea (help finding off the shelf part)

Last edited by ZRXNige; 8th August 2018 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I want to hide the banjo bolt switch Nige, obviously a single bolt/switch is the simple soloution but I then have a ugly switch on my beautiful rear sets OCD mate

Use OEM front splitter. Cut it in half to make it smaller and either plug one side to use banjo pressure swich or thread for dedicated pressure swich.
    Bloody Foreigner

The LSL rearsets do have a bar that picks the spring up for a conventional switch as well you know

The LSL rearsets do have a bar that picks the spring up for a conventional switch as well you know
    Doh.......More home work required lol

The only pin I can see in the advert looks to be for fitting a return spring for the brake lever and they have used a pressure type switch as have others fitting the LSL's.

Still going to look into using the hidden switch, if for no other reason than to being different.

Quote Originally Posted by Steady Eddie View Post
    The only pin I can see in the advert looks to be for fitting a return spring for the brake lever

It is sir but there is also a further relief machined into it to pick the switch spring up

It is sir but there is also a further relief machined into it to pick the switch spring up
    Thanks Nige.

They are being delivered today so I'll see for meself.

Much excited

While waiting for my bits to be delivered I've decided exactly what I'm going to do with my brake light switch

I'm going to take it off and store it for my next MOT.

That was a simple resolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast