Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative foot rests and levers

Alternative foot rests and levers

I've been looking high and low for a few days, like four or five hours a day, trying to find a suitable lever for the brake without going to the expense of having one made. I thought I found it and had been in conversation with a member on here who gave me advice and made me look at things from a different perspective, well the last message I sent was like I've found the perfect lever that ticks all the boxes etc etc, but it doesn't, after going over and over the advert I realised it wouldn't fit.

So plan B, well it's possibly plan D,E,F etc by now.

Tarozzi, most of us on here are old enough to remember the name, or Raask, they weren't the best looking rear sets ever made but it was what was available to trick up your old Z,CB,XJ etc etc So how about it, a set of old school foot pegs and levers on the Rex, I don't need no fancy bracket, just a spacer to mount them where the stock foot rest presently lives.

So honest opinions, yes or no or even suggestions (keep it clean)

These.............

Attachment 21432

Re: Alternative foot rests and levers

A couple of pictures of them on other bikes

Attachment 21433

The lug for both master cylinder and gear can be rotated 360 degree's making them ideal for mounting on bikes with master cylinders at odd angles like the REX

Attachment 21434

Liked the look of them until I saw the pic on the thou (but if they were black?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Liked the look of them until I saw the pic on the thou (but if they were black?)
    Yeah that looks really pony doesn't it?

Not a big fan myself.

After searching for days, emailing companies trying to find a set of lever to match some race type foot pegs I finally gave in and ordered a set of LSL rear sets, they may not be the coolest but they're also a couple of hundred quid cheaper than some on the Webike website. (Import tax takes the piss)

Come on Mr postman.......

lsl.jpg

I have a set on pinky and I like them (or should that be they are currently in a box heading for Derbyshire on loan)

One of the best things about them is they aren't adjustable so no faffing

That said, I have a set of Harris en route from Rob that im rather eager to try

I recently fitted some old harris rearsets from a zx7r i used to have,just a simple bracket on either side and jobs a goodun!!
    ended up putting them a little lower as my knee's are over 50 years old and have been battered a little in crashes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kawaman21; 4th August 2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: additional bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by kawaman21 View Post
    I recently fitted some old harris rearsets from a zx7r i used to have,just a simple bracket on either side and jobs a goodun!!
    ended up putting them a little lower as my knee's are over 50 years old and have been battered a little in crashes.
    Just goes to show you dont have to spend a fortune and look well they do

I just sold a set of Harris rear sets off my ZX9R, just couldn't get them sat at the right angle without hitting either the exhaust or frame (I was trying to fit them with the adjuster plates)

So the money I got from them's helped pay towards the LSL's

Quite like the LSLs - should look good on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast