Thread: ZX1100 Carbs

ZX1100 Carbs

Hello Chaps
    I bought a carb rebuild kit for my ZRX 1100. When fitting the kit i noticed that the new Float Needes were considerably bigger than original. They work but now im thinking that the float levels are all wrong. I left the fuel tap on prime and filled the crank cases with gas. I realised in time so seemingling no damage done. Any thoughts on the float needles?
    TIA

Re: ZX1100 Carbs

If your new needles were working correctly they would of closed and not allowed fuel to pass regardless of it being on prime or not.

From you description am guessing you mean longer that would indeed affect your float heights but I can see no reason for this (unless the spring loaded plungers in your originals were unserviceable but I doubt all four would be).

Whilst a picture would be useful (always difficult to diagnose remotely) I think your next move should be to contact the supplier and ask if they know they are different and if so, why.
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Re: ZX1100 Carbs

Thanks mate.
    I did contact the supplier without much luck so i spoke to NRP who are usually quite helpful. They told me they have the correct parts but thats another 40 quid + VAT & postage and they could be the same. Unfortunately i don't have a picture but will try and do that today. On another note, my 1100 is a Pandoras Box of messed with short cuts from the previous owners. The loom being one of them. Does anyone have an uncut or unfecked around with unit for sale. I don't need the CDI unit or coils.

TIA