Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZRX 1200R Meets Z900 RS Cafe

Re: ZRX 1200R Meets Z900 RS Cafe

I like it and if I had spare cash in the bank, I'd buy a low mileage used one in a heartbeat.

With a decent aftermarket retro style exhaust system fitted and a few other bits & bobs of Bling, then in my book, it's a keeper.

I would have preferred some candy / metallic in the 900 paint.

The later ZRX went to solid colours and this has continued the trend.

The 900 is wearing a factory option 2 person seat - not the standard jobby.

Note how short the front fender is - even with an extender it is barely along as the Rex one - which has caused a few stone chips on the rad.

Think it is probably more nimble than a rex though.

I am keen to see where Kawa take the RS and Café versions in season 2 onwards. Hodna added spoked wheels and 4 into 2 pipes plus different tank shape - so I am hopeful this could follow on here.

I think its got the reverse psychology exhaust fitted...………………………………...makes you want to bin the 4-1 for a 4-4
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    I would have preferred some candy / metallic in the 900 paint.

The later ZRX went to solid colours and this has continued the trend.

The 900 is wearing a factory option 2 person seat - not the standard jobby.

Note how short the front fender is - even with an extender it is barely along as the Rex one - which has caused a few stone chips on the rad.

Think it is probably more nimble than a rex though.

I am keen to see where Kawa take the RS and Café versions in season 2 onwards. Hodna added spoked wheels and 4 into 2 pipes plus different tank shape - so I am hopeful this could follow on here.
    I read an article re Honda bringing out a new 6 cylinder engined bike, think cafe racer CBX, author seemed to think it was legit as the bike pictured had abs, proper lights etc which wouldn't have been fitted on a concept bike.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    I really dislike the RS and it's bastard lookylikey sibling. I struggle to get past that cheap looking headlight, and the styling, and the colours and the tinny little tail cover - shit I just hate it all

The Rex looks OK, but needs an Akrapovoc

Why oh why do the manufacturers of bikes these days think that by painting a random run-of-the-mill bike in a colour scheme thats "supposed" to echo something from a bygone era, it suddenly turns it into a "retro" that we're all going to go starry eyed over?
    There was a brown & orange one at a bike meet last night parked near a 1973 Z900 & tbh, it looks absolutely nothing like the bike its supposed to mimic . . .
    At least a Rex, while not being a replica of anything, does actually work as a styling job on the Z1000R. At least you can see the genes - not like this modern trash. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12