Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starter chain tensioner setting ?

Re: starter chain tensioner setting ?

Bought a few bits and pieces off Pete (Kwick) and what I like about the stuff , is that you can see its all thought out / designed / manufactured by someone who likes to come up with a well engineered solution to eliminate the problem for once and for all.

I just took delivery of his starter chain fix and it will sit in the toolbox ready to go to work whenever I actually get around to taking off the engine case (Theres no starter chain issue on the bike but I sleep better knowing the upgrade is to hand )

(Im betting he no longer has a teapot like you or I that drips all over the place before gracing the mug with its contents )
    Last edited by mountainmile; 25th July 2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Current.............GSXR1000 , ZRX1200R (1200S Post Op) ,Transalp winter hack
    Recently departed .........Guzzi 1100 Sport and ZRX1200R A3
    Awaiting.......Lottery win and that zero mile RC-30 that's currently on Ebay

Just bought a zrx 1200 r 03 with 8.5 k on the clock , do I need to sort out a new tensioner or will it be ok for a bit
    Thanks

Remove the oil cap and have a look.

It may also of had one fitted so if its damaged you can either whip the cover off to have a look or get in there with a camera / endoscope (dont know if you can see the tensioner through the hole as ive never looked for it )

This will help in what you are looking for and although catastrophic failure is rare it has happened and even just wearing means the metal goes somewhere which isnt good

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...rter+tensioner
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew W Hills View Post
    Just bought a zrx 1200 r 03 with 8.5 k on the clock , do I need to sort out a new tensioner or will it be ok for a bit
    Thanks
    Definitely you need to fix your fuel tank petcock but at 9K miles I would not worry about tensioner, just inspect it regularly. I do it during oil level checks. Remove fill cap and shine flashlight in...
    Another thing is to make sure your bike starts right away, as it should without prolonged cranking each time.
    BTW, since you are so far away, it's not a bad idea to have part on hand is your spares bin instead of waiting for delivery at peak of the riding season.
    Polish onslaught

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12