Thread: Float needle / valve

Float needle / valve

Hey!

Trying to repair carbs that poured fuel into my airbox

Anyone got any recommendation of some good but not too expensive aftermarket float valves and where to get them? I would rather avoid paying $50-$60 for the OEM ones through my local parts supplier..

Thanks!

Re: Float needle / valve

I recently bought a carb seal kit but then had to change the entire bank to a set of ZZR carbs after a mishap with an idle jet.

As such I have 4 carb kits which include the bowl seals, idle jet needles, float valves and o-rings. I was looking to sell them for half price just to get some cash back on what I paid.

Trouble is you mention "$" so presume you're the wrong side of the water for the added postage to be reasonable.

Have a look at this (and it works)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlez_hdoWYk
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thanks guys..

ZRXNige, that's a good tip but unfortunately a couple of my needles have grooves in the tip, so not sure that it would work in this instance...

niggon that kit could work well.. how much are you wanting to sell it for and could you estimate postage? Are they OEM replacements?

Cheers

They cost me a little over 50 quid, so I'd let them go for 25 to a member (haven't even opened them).

Basically the same kit as this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carb-Carb...7/401386662315

They are OEM replacements, but not OEM if you see what I mean.

Looking at postage and conversion rates, you're looking at around $45-50 all in, so like I say, probably not worth it over your local price.

Okay no worries, Thanks.

Is the kit you paid 50 for, for one carb or all 4? the $50 from the local dealer is per needle!!

Thanks

I just bought a set of Diaphrans from NRP Carbs. Great range of parts and reasonably priced compared to original parts. Shipping was fast to. You may want to give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by jrmd View Post
    Okay no worries, Thanks.

Is the kit you paid 50 for, for one carb or all 4? the $50 from the local dealer is per needle!!

Thanks
    All 4.

The OEM ones are around 27 here, so these are aftermarket replacements of course. I don't know how well they'll work as the bags are unopened, but if you want to take a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Reevsie View Post
    I just bought a set of Diaphrans from NRP Carbs. Great range of parts and reasonably priced compared to original parts. Shipping was fast to. You may want to give them a try!
    Nice - I just checked them out and they look good, just checking if they will deliver to AUS and how much - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    All 4.

The OEM ones are around 27 here, so these are aftermarket replacements of course. I don't know how well they'll work as the bags are unopened, but if you want to take a chance?
    Awesome - I may very well take the chance... I'll get back to you, just checking out this NRP carbs place.

Thanks mate!