Thread: 1100R Fuel Tank

1100R Fuel Tank

Hello Chaps, me again.
    Im pretty sure the filler cap drain pipe has split (internal steel) as the contents of the tank are fuel and water. Ive read a little about inserting plastic tubes inside the pipe to basically line it. The drain had been blocked off all be it unsuccessfully when i bought the bike. Does anyone have any old recipes for fixing this.

Ta

Re: 1100R Fuel Tank

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...corrosion-fix-!

..That was the state of affairs last year, i would recommend to just block both sides today..
    cheers, D

If the drain pipe was split, apart from water getting into the tank, wouldn't it be more likely that fuel drips out of the drain pipe?

Does the bike get left out in the rain at all. If so it may be that the tank lid sealing washing has perished slightly and is letting rain into the tank.

I had this happen on another of my bikes that had been left standing a while and the tank ended up with about a litre of water in there which rusted a pin hole in the base and ended up having to replace the tank.

I have the same problem with my tank. I just plugged both ends and make sure I don't overfill the tank!

Thanks guys
    I plugged both ends.