Thread: Strange mileage coincidence

Strange mileage coincidence

Of no particular importance but it made me chuckle.
    Last Friday I took the fuel pump and filter assembly from my Hayabusa up to John Warrington Motorcycles in Malton North Yorks for checking and diagnosis of fueling issues, and tomorrow I am riding down to see my father in Dorchester in Dorset, blow me down when checking the route on Google maps both journeys are within a mile of each other !
    As I said totally unimportant but made me chuckle.
    Cheers
    Ian

Re: Strange mileage coincidence

And the best Journey?
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Tell you when I get back but I suspect the cut through from the A34 to Stockbridge and on to Romsey and then over to Dorchester will win it for me even though I love Yorkshire !
    All journeys are subjective I am looking forward to 40 odd miles out of 173 lol.
    Cheers
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Frog View Post
    I love Yorkshire !
    That is rather worrying sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Lol
    Don't read anything into it I am partial to Devon and I adore the lakes !
    A day spent roaming this country is seldom a day wasted !
    Cheers
    Ian

Of no particular importance but it made me chuckle.
    Last Friday I took the fuel pump and filter assembly from my Hayabusa up to John Warrington Motorcycles in Malton North Yorks for checking and diagnosis of fueling issues...
    Visiting fathers is always good. Now this Busa ding, did you fix it? I am assuming is well tired unit?
    If so full bypass surgery work wonders and is quite cheap. New pump, connector pig tail, suction screen, regulator oring and etc. Not to forget external fuel filter conversion. Teasers are in thread below...

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...Goodness/page2

Two years of riding and two fuel filter changes later (try that with stock filter) and keep on going.
    Bloody Foreigner

Stump the Chump players apply here...

For the record The Busa is neither tired or requiring modification !
    It already has a reliable supercharger upgraded pistons, rods, fuel pump, swing arm, clutch, plenum chamber and lots more.
    It makes 282rwbhp and has run 199.9mph at the mile at Elvington (Measured on properly calibrated equipment not pub bullshit).
    I am happy to let respected engineer John Warrington look at the pump as we suspect it is beginning to fail.
    Cheers
    Ian

For the record The Busa is neither tired or requiring modification !
    It already has a reliable supercharger upgraded pistons, rods, fuel pump, swing arm, clutch, plenum chamber and lots more....

look at the pump as we suspect it is beginning to fail.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Ian, please have mercy on speaker of the second language. You saying Busa is not requiring modification yet almost EVERYTHING possible was alredy modified. You also saying pump is failing yet is not tired. I do not understand what are you trying to say?.... Retoric, disregard

Now I understand what your Busa needs though: new high flow fuel pump, bypassed internal fuel filter, external hi flow fuel filter from pickup truck ( I use Toyota Highlux because has quick connectors). Do not forget changing pumps in tank electrical connector. Those are notorious for cracking tabs and breaking causing intermittent fuel issues. Good soldering is a must though.
    Do not overlook fuel pressure regulator, it has known issues sitting incorrectly and capture cover is shite by design. Reinforce that cover properly after o ring change as minimum.
    I am assuming you ran fuell pressure test on a decent inline tester setup?
    Now if you still have problem after initial overhaul pull/route fuel pressure test gauge all the way up to the cockpit so you can monitor it while riding for a while... Good luck
    Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 22nd June 2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Bloody Foreigner

Stump the Chump players apply here...