Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airbox or Pods

Re: Airbox or Pods

I use two pieces of plastic chopping boards from Poundland on either side of the carbs and slide the whole bank in between the two pieces of plastic. Once in the desired location pull the plates out and it done no messing around and swearing and sweating to get the cabs back in
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to not take it so seriously.

I am sure I read a post on this site some years ago, which referred to someone saying if the rear fender was loosened up it allows the air-box to be moved a bit further back for removal and fitting of the carbs in the limited space ?
    Does anyone recall that post too?

Cannot find it now using the search ?
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post
    I am sure I read a post on this site some years ago, which referred to someone saying if the rear fender was loosened up it allows the air-box to be moved a bit further back for removal and fitting of the carbs in the limited space ?

Post #8 maybe http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...0-carb-removal
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post

Twas me said that as I had the rear muddy off at the time. But as pal pointed out you've only got the space between airbox and frame rails, you can't magic anymore!
    It just made things slightly more flexible and you could utilise every mm. But quite a bit of extra work for not much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12