Thread: ZRX1200S. Maxis Tyre Pressures.

ZRX1200S. Maxxis Tyre Pressures.

If anyone out there has a ZRX1200 with Maxxis Tyres fitted, would you please share what you have found the best tyre pressures to be for "one up" general everyday riding.
    Not really interested in pressures for other makes of tyre, as I dont have them fitted !

Ta
    Last edited by RETROBOY; 24th May 2018 at 02:46 PM.
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Re: ZRX1200S. Maxxis Tyre Pressures.

I would say zero in each. That way they are easier to get off & bin.
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

I fitted a set of Maxxi a few years ago and after a bit of buggering about concluded that the classic 36/42 be the best

That said, albeit they were the sports the wear rate was shocking (have never seen a front tyre flat off like the back) although the grip was ok

Bit you dont want to hear i guess is that although its horses for courses and sometimes its whatever you can get, the BT23 is actually cheaper in terms of longivity and gave me far more confidence (although i now wouldnt fit anything other than the S21)
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thanks for replies...............I have had Maxxis on numerous past bikes (Vmax, Z1300, ZRX's etc) and never had a problem and had decent mileage travelling all over Europe and the UK, wet and dry.........but I am not Rossi, or do track days or go mad on the bike, so just need general safe riding performance from tyres, which they definitely offer.

36R / 42F it is then !
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

36R / 42F it is then !
    Thatís what I set mine on I havenít ridden it since I changed them, they where the other way around though and the bike was handling real well

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post
    Thanks for replies...............I have had Maxxis on numerous past bikes (Vmax, Z1300, ZRX's etc) and never had a problem
    Run those pressures then
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

I read up about them the new generation are rated ok.

36/36 are what I ran on mine. They were on when I got the bike so I used em until they wore out.

I have Metzelers on now (still at 36/36), but also ran Maxxis on my Gixer, my ZZR11 and ZX10R with no bother.

On the GSXR, I even scraped the footpegs when barreling in to a corner too fast on a set of Maxxis sports. The only Maxxis I would not use are the Diamonds. I tried those but they never gave me proper feedback - that said, neither did Bridgestone BT016's that I also had on the 10R - they were taken off in short order as well. Never tried the newish one (ST ?)

Tyres are like women - there is no one type that suits everyone. But the one we have generally keeps us happy - at least for a while When we get fed up - we try another one.

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    36/36 are what I ran on mine. They were on when I got the bike so I used em until they wore out.

I have Metzelers on now (still at 36/36), but also ran Maxxis on my Gixer, my ZZR11 and ZX10R with no bother.

On the GSXR, I even scraped the footpegs when barreling in to a corner too fast on a set of Maxxis sports. The only Maxxis I would not use are the Diamonds. I tried those but they never gave me proper feedback - that said, neither did Bridgestone BT016's that I also had on the 10R - they were taken off in short order as well. Never tried the newish one (ST ?)

Tyres are like women - there is no one type that suits everyone. But the one we have generally keeps us happy - at least for a while When we get fed up - we try another one.
    tyres are like woman,thatís a great quote.

feel free to send all your used woman my way purely for comparison purposes.