Thread: Suzuki GSX1250

Suzuki GSX1250

Anyone had one of the newer 1250 water cooled Bandits.
    Thinking of getting one. Budget bike, but seem to get a lot for your money second hand. Thinking it would make a good touring bike.

Re: Suzuki GSX1250

very quiet,very quick n easy to just jump on n ride,steering is light handles great no dropping into corners like the gsx1400 pretty stable n agile for a big ish bike. usual things wear out quick,chains n rear tyres...abs that actually works is a boon.
    its a great bike that can outrun some of the supposed racereps in the twisty stuff,engine just keeps on giving scratching or touring.bars n pegs were perfect for me.real competent bike as a 2nd bike to our rex`s of course..(you wont be dissapointed)
    look out for oil leaks by gearchange and engine sprocket.
    A ZRX IS FER LIFE NOT JUST FER CHRISTMAS HO HO HO

How is a FZ1 on your market? Up here looks like mo bike for less than B 1250.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/...591009372.html
    Bloody Foreigner

Mirrors give a good view of your elbows. Only problem I found with it. Bigger ( physically) than Rex.I disconnected abs as it didn't brake hard enough when you were REALLY pushing on ( had a few near misses at first). Fitted Goodridge lines and cut out the abs - problem solved. Decent enough bike - engine is great - but finish not .Still got some Blandit bits, rad protector, chain guard, oil filter if you get one.
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Mate had a 1250, great bikes but built to a budget. Keep 'em maintained and they are cracking bike for touring etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    How is a FZ1 on your market? Up here looks like mo bike for less than B 1250.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/...591009372.html
    I just sold my FZ1, that was a cracking bike, but wouldn't be as good for touring as a 1250. The old Fazer 1000 was more the "sports TOURER", whereas the FZ1 is more "SPORTS tourer". Went like shit off a shovel when it spun up and was a real scream to ride and sharp in the corners, but I crossed Germany on it with some friends after a camping trip near the Polish border and my neck and shoulders ached for days after from the seating position. It's good for short hop touring, but can be tiring on really long distances - IMO anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post

I just sold my FZ1, that was a cracking bike, but wouldn't be as good for touring as a 1250. The old Fazer 1000 was more the "sports TOURER", whereas the FZ1 is more "SPORTS tourer". Went like shit off a shovel when it spun up and was a real scream to ride and sharp in the corners, but I crossed Germany on it with some friends after a camping trip near the Polish border and my neck and shoulders ached for days after from the seating position. It's good for short hop touring, but can be tiring on really long distances - IMO anyway.
    I noted it has drag bar type handlebars, I wonder if more rise and pull back would fix sitting position problem. Kinda like this guy did.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...549579239.html

With all the goodies on it FZ1 is a great bargain up here in liter bike category. I am often toying about getting one...
    Bloody Foreigner

Higher bars might help, maybe lower pegs slightly too.

Don't get me wrong, I loved mine when I had it, just was time to move on. I took it on a track day at Cadwell park and it handled brilliantly. They are basically comfy R1's afterall.

If you fancy one definitely worth it, a lot of bike for the money.

I personally found chasing more power on them wasn't worth it though. I did a lot of the mods most forums suggest and all it tends to do is move torque higher up the rev range, so you get great dyno BHP figures, but less useful power on the road.

In stock form they are really nice for road use, otherwise might as well buy an R1 and fit the FZ1 yolk and bars.

Thanks for the input, it might actually push me over the edge. Good observation on power mods. I don't usually do power "mods" myself, just buying power I want upfront. Cheap and properly engineered too...
    Blasphemy on those power ranger forums..
    Bloody Foreigner

Found a genuine Suzuki workshop manual as well.
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER