Thread: Water temp warning light

Water temp warning light

I have a 1200S, which suffered a lowside early in it's life, so the fairing was changed to the R type bikini. I recently got round to changing the clocks to R type.
    I now have the water temp light coming on but I don't know if it's down to the clocks or just a glitch. The bike isn't using any water or boiling so what is the problem?
    Any help gratefully recieved

Re: Water temp warning light

I believe (albeit elastic trickery isn't really my thing) that's its along the lines of the S having a sender (as it drives a gauge) as opposed to the R having a sensor as it only drives a light but am sure Phil will be along shortly to put us all right

Still no faults for 11 years cant be bad

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I believe (albeit elastic trickery isn't really my thing) that's its along the lines of the S having a sender (as it drives a gauge) as opposed to the R having a sensor as it only drives a light but am sure Phil will be along shortly to put us all right

Still no faults for 11 years cant be bad
    That makes a lot of sense thanks :-)

Your independent check is radiator fan that has own switch. If hot it would run constantly (with good thermstat)

Go to parts store website and check if there is a difference in coolant temp sensors b/w bikes...
    Bloody Foreigner

Stump the Chump players apply here...

The S has the same temp sensor on the thermostat as other older Kawasakis like ZZR1100/GPZ1100/GPZ900 which have gauges, (bullet type).
    You need to replace it with Temp switch with the flying lead. As on the 11 and 12 R's.
    The R loom has a diode that turns on the oil and temp light with the ignition to show they are working before start up.
    As your using the S loom I don't know if that check will work before start up. Obviously that check is good to have in case the bulb has blown.
    Look on eBay for a switch as they are very pricey from Kawasaki.

Quote Originally Posted by t20p1 View Post
    The S has the same temp sensor on the thermostat as other older Kawasakis like ZZR1100/GPZ1100/GPZ900 which have gauges, (bullet type).
    You need to replace it with Temp switch with the flying lead. As on the 11 and 12 R's.
    The R loom has a diode that turns on the oil and temp light with the ignition to show they are working before start up.
    As your using the S loom I don't know if that check will work before start up. Obviously that check is good to have in case the bulb has blown.
    Look on eBay for a switch as they are very pricey from Kawasaki.

I knew you would know.........................cant fault you sir