Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Side stand mod

Re: Side stand mod

I like most others on here, have been riding bikes all of me life, When I got the Rex nearly 10 years ago now, I had never had a problem with any side stand, always doing what I thought was careful parking of my love and joy's. First few weeks of Rex ownership all Ok, Then of all places down the 'Ace', Parked up walked off & then heard a sickening noise, turned around to see Rex on Floor, Lucky only damage was a scrape to the engine bar, & Vast amounts of Pride, Thought it was just down to me not paying enough attention. Few months later at a funeral same thing apart from this time, another biker tried to stop it, Rex pulled him over her, and she went down on the other side (Would have been better if he had not touched her, But he thought he was helping) Lot more damage this time.... I took the grinder to her, and shaved about 1/8" of the stop, Still to this day I'am soooooooo careful of how / were I park her, Always leave in gear now as well. I had thought I had always parked correctly but got proved wrong...... At the end of the day it's your choice, But please be careful when / were / how you leave your pride & Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Be careful sir as you are in danger of joining the "if i haven't done it then it doesn't need doing" gang

I mean Kawasaki didn't want or design this bike to only have one shock at the back but it hasn't stopped numpty's doing it now has it

Of course anyone can do any mod they like. Gawd knows my own POS is well far from how it left Kawasaki I cannot leave any of my bikes alone - I am forever wielding spanners and spending money

Changing it cos you can do or want to is one thing....changing it to "fix" an unproven or hypothetical issue is a bit different.

What I am trying to say (maybe poorly) is the Rexes have very few issues or needs beyond the normal servicing requirements.

Ride em, mod 'em - but dont fret about 'em - they are pretty much sorted, even stock

This guy just came on Facebook apparently he’s never had sidestand problems before either,just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    This guy just came on Facebook apparently he’s never had sidestand problems before either,just saying.

What Goes Around..........!!!

Mine was the meat in an Italian sandwich last year waiting to get on the ferry at Hull.

I had a Multistrada on top of me, and I was on top of a Guzzi ..... all very entertaining for the ferk off big queue waiting in the pouring rain ... with 3 bikes and 4 bods in one big heap

Nowt to do with sidestands though, all to do with a shortarse on a Ducati losing his balance The Rex is heavy enough with 3 boxes topside, add a Ducati Multistrada with two peeps onboard and down she goes ....

Busted front indicator lens, mullered R&G and a scratched pannier later - 3 of us were able to get it back on it's feet :D (when I had stopped giggling)

The Guzzi .... that was well ferked, smashed off the gearlever mounting so it had only one gear. A bit of running about in Zeebrugge and a couple of hours work next day had it back together though.

I would like to think that clip will pop up from someones dashcam or the port's security cam at some point....it was well funny

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    I would like to think that clip will pop up from someones dashcam or the port's security cam at some point....it was well funny
    I don't think I would be smiling if some fool dumped his bike on top of my Rex!

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post

Hahaha! What a fuckin' knobhead............
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post

Hahaha! What a fuckin' knobhead............

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    I don't think I would be smiling if some fool dumped his bike on top of my Rex!
    Do you get a lot of visitors parking in your garage then
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Do you get a lot of visitors parking in your garage then

That's a good point............I must start parking it on my drive now that the weather has warmed up a bit!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast