Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sloppy Gear Lever

Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

I tracked down new bushes from simply bearings in Leigh Lancashire. 01942269837
    Their model number is MB. 1815.DLU wrapped steel plain bearing bush.If you remove the old bushes there is a part number on there.
    I also swapped the gear change pivot with the brake pivot which tightened everything up nicely. I dont tend to use the back brake so the little extra play makes no difference to me. Cost for both delivered 6.46 Bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    I tracked down new bushes from simply bearings in Leigh Lancashire. 01942269837
    Their model number is MB. 1815.DLU wrapped steel plain bearing bush.If you remove the old bushes there is a part number on there.
    I also swapped the gear change pivot with the brake pivot which tightened everything up nicely. I dont tend to use the back brake so the little extra play makes no difference to me. Cost for both delivered 6.46 Bargain

Yeah, this dude is even more Scottish than me...
    Bloody Foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    The problem with the system is that the pivot shaft diameter gets worn so fitting a new bush may be not enough to eliminate the play. The shaft needs a "tickle" with a lathe to get it round again then a bespoke bush needs made to fit the new diameter and pressed into the lever.

As per post 3 + 4 , the service is still available if required.

Kendo
    how much for doing the gear lever side, got two that need doing, can send one up and then a second when the first comes back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12