Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Sloppy Gear Lever

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    READING
    Posts
    41

    Sloppy Gear Lever

    Hi all, any cheap easy fixes for a sloppy gear lever on my 1100? It`s worn at the foot rest pivot and I have the same problem on my Fazer 600. I was thinking of some sort of sleeve?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    South from the Deep South
    Posts
    1,224

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpydog View Post
    Hi all, any cheap easy fixes for a sloppy gear lever on my 1100? It`s worn at the foot rest pivot and I have the same problem on my Fazer 600. I was thinking of some sort of sleeve?
    Sleeves are alredy part of lever design. Just need to replace old with new one.... I suggesting adding grease fitting to the levers and hitting it with grease gun every oil change for bikes that live salty roads.

    Bloody Foreigner


    Stump the Chump players apply here...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Norf East
    Posts
    8,062

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    If you ask Kenny (Kendo), i sent mine up to him and he took a skim of the pivot (to ensure its fully round again) and made and fitted me a new bush

    Twas as good if not better than new (cant find the pics sorry)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,641

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    If you ask Kenny (Kendo), i sent mine up to him and he took a skim of the pivot (to ensure its fully round again) and made and fitted me a new bush

    Twas as good if not better than new (cant find the pics sorry)

    He did the same for mine. Spot on now.
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    1980's
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    (cant find the pics sorry)



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Norf East
    Posts
    8,062

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post

    Here is a pic (quite an ugly bast tho)



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    east of holland 50feet from the german border
    Posts
    7,132

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    JESUS FUCK!!!!!!!!! MY EYES...........!!!!!!!!!
    Birdie num num........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    east of holland 50feet from the german border
    Posts
    7,132

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpydog View Post
    Hi all, any cheap easy fixes for a sloppy gear lever on my 1100?
    Bang it in 1st and go everywhere without changing up........... Cheap and easy.
    Birdie num num........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Scotland (West of)
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Sleeves are alredy part of lever design. Just need to replace old with new one....
    The problem with the system is that the pivot shaft diameter gets worn so fitting a new bush may be not enough to eliminate the play. The shaft needs a "tickle" with a lathe to get it round again then a bespoke bush needs made to fit the new diameter and pressed into the lever.

    As per post 3 + 4 , the service is still available if required.

    Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    South from the Deep South
    Posts
    1,224

    Re: Sloppy Gear Lever

    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    The problem with the system is that the pivot shaft diameter gets worn so fitting a new bush may be not enough to eliminate the play...

    Kendo
    Kenny, you are right, yet peg holders are avaliable from Kawi, bout 50 bucks a pop. Bushings and lever assy aren't....

    Now, real problem with the system is that has no provision to lubricate regularly without dissasembly so most people don't.... I even heard talles of joint corroding shut or limiting movement. Once that issue is solved things should last.
    Bloody Foreigner


    Stump the Chump players apply here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Green Web Hosting! This site hosted by DreamHost.

Click here to order your ZRXOC Merchandise