Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Mixture adjusting screws.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    94

    Mixture adjusting screws.

    Has anyone used these or similar and know if they’ll fit ZRX Carbs? Would be a great solution to the difficult to get at mixture screws for setting up the Carbs.

    http://https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 131626740137

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Norf East
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveZ1 View Post
    Has anyone used these or similar and know if they’ll fit ZRX Carbs? Would be a great solution to the difficult to get at mixture screws for setting up the Carbs.

    http://https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 131626740137
    I think marky had a set in his 40's (although i don't think they cured his woes) so i don't see why not although I'm not sure with an airbox on you would get in at them well enough to fine tune them


    That said, these bikes are not new so i don't think you will ever get slow running Nirvana so you should just ride and enjoy (unless the ultrasonic bath is calling again at which point no amount of fine tuning will sort it) and besides, if you give it enough you will barely be on the pilot circuit anyway
    What Goes Around..........!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    South from the Deep South
    Posts
    1,044

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I think marky had a set in his 40's (although i don't think they cured his woes) so i don't see why not although I'm not sure with an airbox on you would get in at them well enough to fine tune them


    That said, these bikes are not new so i don't think you will ever get slow running Nirvana so you should just ride and enjoy (unless the ultrasonic bath is calling again at which point no amount of fine tuning will sort it) and besides, if you give it enough you will barely be on the pilot circuit anyway
    Slow running Nirvana. Love that... I call it scooter mode. Totally doable with factory induction and exhaust.

    Don't know about tampons.
    Bloody Foreigner


    Stump the Chump players apply here...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Prestwick ,Scotland
    Posts
    75

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    They unfortunately will be slightly to long but I use this little ratchet holder and a flat bit that I mark with Tipex to see my beginning point. Works very well and accurate
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to not take it so seriously.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    94

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    That’s a nifty little ratchet Green Mamba. Where might a person come by one of those?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Prestwick ,Scotland
    Posts
    75

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    You can find them on amazon or fleabay but here is a link for the one I use https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palm-Scre...QAAOSwkNpagPk3
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to not take it so seriously.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,633

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    I thought the washer & o ring should be at the carb end of the spring?
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Norf East
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I thought the washer & o ring should be at the carb end of the spring?
    It should sir although and am still not convinced you will get your hand in with that tool (esp with an airbox fitted)

    Gladly be proved wrong tho
    What Goes Around..........!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    Set um 2 1/2 turns out from seated and leave alone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    272

    Re: Mixture adjusting screws.

    These look great in theory, but as above, once set you should leave alone, so the ease of access sort of becomes unnecessary as those sitting proud of the carbs are more likely to get knocked and moved out of the set position.

    One of those with a flat head would be ok to tune while on the bike, but that's just the same as buying a stumpy screwdriver, so I guess no point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Green Web Hosting! This site hosted by DreamHost.

Click here to order your ZRXOC Merchandise