Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of a titanium welder

In need of a titanium welder

Hi guys, some more help please?
    Does anyone know where I can find someone to weld titanium ?
    I have a new titanium water pipe set from webike that has a leak. The water pipe thatís mounted in front of the carbís has a tiny hole at one end where it hasnít been welded correctly.

Re: In need of a titanium welder

Hi Gary, I would send it straight back to Webike.
    After spending that sort of money I would expect it to be perfect.

tried sending it back and all they gave me was very large F... OFF.. ! 30 days warranty !!! I have been trying for the last hour to load a picture of the pipe so I can show you all its a manufacturing fault

You are protected by statutory rights etc

EDIT - Never used Webike before and just looked them up, based in Japan so you could be screwed. If you paid on credit card I'd think about contacting them over refunding money and seeing where you stand.

This is generally why I never buy from overseas unless I really have to, or use eBay where you can use Paypal claims to pull the money back.
    Last edited by noggin; 5th April 2018 at 11:50 AM.

I would give racefit a shout (and save the anger/ulcer)

https://store.racefituk.com/
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Never got a thing from those guys. Tried once to ask simple question about product fitment, couldn't find anybody conscious on their side. Website is a shit also. I would take picture showing defect and sent it to them with a list of web boards you will post review on. Do not forget to include Japanese ZRX board
    Bloody Foreigner

Ive bought lots from them (as have several others) and apart from the bloomin customs charges all has been well (quick delivery as well).

There is nowhere on the planet where you will get all they stock from one place and its generally very top end gear.

FWIW they are a shop not a manufacturer so it may be worth giving the manufacturer a shout (with pics) and you may be surprised
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I would give racefit a shout (and save the anger/ulcer)

https://store.racefituk.com/

Thanks Nigle, I have sent race fit an email asking for help.

FIRSTLY SORRY FOR THE LONG RANT
    As you can all guess I am seriously pissed off with webike for refusing point blank not to assist me because the item was outside the 30 day warranty.
    I understand that they have 30 day warranty period however getting these pipes fitted to my bike was delayed partly due them delivery delays and supplying me incorrect advice on other parts.
    I also can't understand why such an expensive part with no moving part doesn't have a longer warranty period.
    I think the pictures that I have sent them confirms without doubt that the failure is down to manufacturing fault and quality control. Their answer to this was its still its outside the 30 day warranty period. They didn't even ask me to send the pipe back to see if they confirm what had caused the leak..

I have also order a number of parts off of webike (£3000+ just last year) as I couldn't source all the parts I wanted else where. During these purchase I have had number of learning curves.

Because of this before ordering anything from webike I have alway written to them advising them of the parts that I was looking to purchase and advised them of any information that they may require to make sure that part I get will fit my bike. Due to the different time zone this can take sometime.

Some of you may recall me asking for advice about a smaller rear disc last year, I was asking this question as I had purchased a new calliper and carrier from webike. Before ordering the brake parts as usual I had advised them of what I was putting the parts on with a standard disc and asked them to confirm that the parts would fit my bike, they confirmed this.
    Once the parts eventually arrived I tried to fit the brake parts, lucky for me I did this shortly after I received them. On this occasion webike also didn't want to accept the return until I produced the email from them confirming that the parts would fit. I then had to pay for the return postage of the parts out of my own pocket and wait for the part to be received and checked before they would refund me. Once they received the parts back they then wanted to send the part back to me as they were not in the correct packaging. So I the produced the pictures of how I received them and their email with my pictures attached confirming they would accept the return.

As they won't exchange parts they just refund your money you have to pay the exchange rate back to £ before you can reorder the new parts so another cost back to the correct currency and wait before they can send the parts out. I then received customers notice so I had import charges to pay again for my exchanged parts....

As I have said I have ordered a number parts over the years from webike as I like the idea of getting all my parts from one place and occasionally I get a result and don't have to pay customer charges which means I get good value for money in return for my efforts and my wait.. As some of you already know its not the customers charges that hurt it the postal company at this end that really stitch you up with their handling fees.

I did warn them that I will be using all my social media contacts to warning others of the poor customer service I received.

wow did I really write that much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast