Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few maintenance questions.

Re: A few maintenance questions.

It's a fair point, the idea with the PDOiler is the oil is "brushed" over the chain by the wick, so it's a continuous thing with the wick being topped up now and again from the reservoir (you can set a timer control to adjust flow rate).

It's not for everyone and maybe best to stick with a scotty etc if you prefer that method. I just find the electric delivery system much more robust than relying on the gravity methods of the scotty etc as that is affected by temperature and different oil consistency's, whereas the electric pump is a fixed delivery whatever oil or temperature.

I guess if you wanted to you could ditch the wick and rig up a similar setup to the old scotty system on the rear sprocket, but that might be more of a pain when you can just buy a scotty in the first place. They do make an electronic scottoiler actually, but the price is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosixfour View Post
    Nice one Nige, interesting point about the O rings. There is an Irish stockist of Hi-flo filter that has one listed for the ZZR1200. You wouldn't know off the top of your head if it is the same filter used in the ZRX12?

I'll put your comments on the oiler in the "Nay" camp then, will I??

Same filter and i certainly be a nay man

For a commuter i would consider it but when you can get small tins of chain oil to carry on proper long journeys why bother
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Same filter and i certainly be a nay man

For a commuter i would consider it but when you can get small tins of chain oil to carry on proper long journeys why bother
    True.

Not as if the Rex is lacking a bit of storage space.

I couldn't carry more than the tool kit on the SV.

Ta for the heads-up on the filter bud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12