Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zx7 radiator piccys

Zx7 radiator piccys

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has a zx7 rad fitted to their bike, I am currently attempting to fit one but struggling to make a top brackety thing that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye, I've had a bash at a couple but to be fair they're fookin shite, so here's the rub, if anyone has done this do yer reckon you could Bob a piccy or two on here so I could av a look see on how you've done yours? Anyhow there it is. CheeRS. Pat

Re: Zx7 radiator piccys

Here's a welded up bracket that Tennis made for me in 2006

Team Phat Bastid (Euro Division)
    HCW Founding Member...and they fucking love it!

Thanks fer that purge, looks a damn site tidier than the mess I'd made, I've been using ally box & durafix rods to glue it together & never got it right, back to the old drawing board me finks. Tags muchly.

Simmilar mounted silver version on mine zrx:

Yeah I've seen yours before (ooo matron) but the angle wasn't right to see how you'd fixed it on,,,, bikepics-1304739-full.jpg but many thanks to all. We is nearly there, CheeRS Pat

When you first mentioned doing this my first thought was how big the ZX7 radiator is (remember it was huge when I had one years ago) so was interested to see what it was like actually on the bike.

I have to say (and this is just personal), but it looks how I imagined and a bit of a whale of a rad. If it was black it might suit it better but I'm not keen on that.

Just out of interest, what's the point in this mod. There isn't a heating issue with the stock rad, so why go for this whopper?

Well for me personally I like the look of the whale rad, & just because I can & I needed a new rad because I was having problems with the stock rad, each to the own I guess I we all liked the same wouldn't it be boring, but that's only my thorts.

Fair play, totally agree it's a case of personal choice, so each to their own and all that

I mainly wondered if there was a heating issue, but that explains it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast