Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black widow exhaust systems on ebay

black widow exhaust systems on ebay

Hi, has any bought one of these full systems for the ZRX1100, they look very well priced ?

I would still like to replace my standard system at some point, but am unsure if Akrapovic is still the main player?

From what i can see on the web, their road legal systems have a funny looking hexagonal silencer which i don't like, and are twice the price of black widow ones.

Any advice appreciated on this point, thanks

Dave

Re: black widow exhaust systems on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by davecullen6 View Post
    From what i can see on the web, their road legal systems have a funny looking hexagonal silencer which i don't like, and are twice the price of black widow ones.

Akra is still the main player and most peoples system of choice for the rex!

Buy the Akra headers and intermediate pipe and then buy my TI Oval Akra Can, which is available at a very reasonable price!

Hi Just bought one of the Black Widow systems and although not been out on it yet to try the backside dyno it seems very good for the money.
    Headers and small end can similar price to Akra end can alone lol, I went to their premises as local to me and was impressed at how they have improved since the Sandy Bike Spares days.
    Oh sounds very nice too.
    Cheers
    Ian

I've got one fitted to my bike if you want to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by davecullen6 View Post
    Hi, has any bought one of these full systems for the ZRX1100, they look very well priced ?

I would still like to replace my standard system at some point, but am unsure if Akrapovic is still the main player?

Any advice appreciated on this point, thanks

Dave
    https://www.facebook.com/nigel.wilso...9698522237665/
    Last edited by z1racer; 24th March 2018 at 10:55 PM.
    it's a good day when you wake up and stretch out and don't touch wood

No doubt that akra is as good as will be for power increase but........................BW also give quite a healthy power increase as well by all accounts (on of the Aussie's fitted and dyno'd one but cannot find his posts) and there be options on the end cans albeit i like this one

What Goes Around..........!!!

I have a set of BW headers that I bought second hand and after a bit of a polish are perfectly good. I've no idea what the difference is in power, but i've re-jetted and added pods and mine goes very well indeed. I've got a stubby Remus bolt on can, which is obnoxiously loud.... it pops and bangs like a mofo on the overrun....

Very pleased with mine and very reasonable (I think I paid 180 for mine from Ebay). Yes, a brand spankers Akropovic would be nice, but honestly, I doubt it would make sooo much difference. Worst case, you could try the BW and if you don't like, i've no doubt you'd be able to move it on very easily.

If they are the early ones, they are comparable with stock output but have questionable fabrication.

It the sprung newer ones, then by all accounts they are on the money

Akra do make quite a difference though

Defo not the sprung ones...but much lighter than stock and quality is reasonable in my somewhat uneducated eyes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast