Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Threads.

    They really ARE useless without pictures, aren't they??

    Sorry for the confusion bud. I should have paid more attention to your mention of the hangers myself. Just figured it was a local thing!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    South from the Deep South
    Posts
    1,031

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikesnoopy View Post
    Is a ZX14R a ZZR1400?
    If so, i cant see any reason why parts from a completely different-in-every-way bike, would bolt straight on to a Rex
    D:
    Noob groin kick detected.
    Bloody Foreigner


    Stump the Chump players apply here...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Noob groin kick detected.
    Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly and I was hoping that hangers 'n all would be a simple swap.

    In which case a kick wouldn't be out of the question.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malmesbury, Wilts ooh-arr . . .
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosixfour View Post
    . . .if the pivot holes are, how you say, completely different in every way.
    I didn't actually say that did i. . .
    I said the bike was different in just about every way - which it is . . . but if these bits are the same, good on ya. . . . buy 'em & bolt 'em on

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malmesbury, Wilts ooh-arr . . .
    Posts
    7,909

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosixfour View Post
    Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly and I was hoping that hangers 'n all would be a simple swap.

    In which case a kick wouldn't be out of the question.
    Yes - i thought you meant the whole hangers, not just the pegs, thats why i didnt think they'd be a straight bolt on from a completely different bike.

    As for the kick - Polish Guy doesn't like me for some reason, so he administers a kick into me whenever he gets the opportunity . . .

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikesnoopy View Post
    I didn't actually say that did i. . .
    I said the bike was different in just about every way - which it is . . . but if these bits are the same, good on ya. . . . buy 'em & bolt 'em on
    But because I was only talking about changing the pegs (and I wasn't aware that you thought I bought the complete hanger sets) none of our subsequent remarks were relevant, appropriate or worth a damn.

    I'm happy to step over that particular blunder and start again if you are?

    Hi, I'm Pedro. I cheapped-out and bought lowered footpegs intended for a zzr1400.

    Hopefully they'll fit the ZRX peg brackets but I should be able to manage a bit of modifying if necessary.

    Wish me luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikesnoopy View Post
    Yes - i thought you meant the whole hangers, not just the pegs, thats why i didnt think they'd be a straight bolt on from a completely different bike.

    As for the kick - Polish Guy doesn't like me for some reason, so he administers a kick into me whenever he gets the opportunity . . .
    Well I don't dislike ya. I have neither the time or energy to carry on a campaign of belittlement or antagonism with anyone.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    272

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosixfour View Post
    Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly.
    Having read back it is clear you meant just the pegs, for me I've done it before with the assembly so that was my mistake witn assuming, anyway I like seeing people trying new things and especially if they get them to work.

    A guy on another forum I visit just put a Tracer 900 engine in his old TRX 850 track bike. Lots of welding the frame up to get it to fit and the result is great.

    Anything can be made to fit if you want it too

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Having read back it is clear you meant just the pegs, for me I've done it before with the assembly so that was my mistake witn assuming, anyway I like seeing people trying new things and especially if they get them to work.

    A guy on another forum I visit just put a Tracer 900 engine in his old TRX 850 track bike. Lots of welding the frame up to get it to fit and the result is great.

    Anything can be made to fit if you want it too
    It's just another reason to love owning bikes!

    My only problem is space now. If I park another thing in a building in work I'll be shot.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Norf East
    Posts
    7,731

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikesnoopy View Post
    As for the kick - Polish Guy doesn't like me for some reason, so he administers a kick into me whenever he gets the opportunity . . .
    I sincerely hope not snoops
    What Goes Around..........!!!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    139

    Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

    And to clear up one final point, when I said a kick wouldn't be out of the question, I meant a kick FOR me, FROM you. Not the other way around!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Green Web Hosting! This site hosted by DreamHost.

Click here to order your ZRXOC Merchandise