Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

Re: First parts to modify my new bike ordered!

Threads.

They really ARE useless without pictures, aren't they??

Sorry for the confusion bud. I should have paid more attention to your mention of the hangers myself. Just figured it was a local thing!

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnoopy View Post
    Is a ZX14R a ZZR1400?
    If so, i cant see any reason why parts from a completely different-in-every-way bike, would bolt straight on to a Rex
    D:
    Noob groin kick detected.
    Bloody Foreigner

Stump the Chump players apply here...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Noob groin kick detected.
    Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly and I was hoping that hangers 'n all would be a simple swap.

In which case a kick wouldn't be out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosixfour View Post
    . . .if the pivot holes are, how you say, completely different in every way.
    I didn't actually say that did i. . .
    I said the bike was different in just about every way - which it is . . . but if these bits are the same, good on ya. . . . buy 'em & bolt 'em on

Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly and I was hoping that hangers 'n all would be a simple swap.

In which case a kick wouldn't be out of the question.
    Yes - i thought you meant the whole hangers, not just the pegs, thats why i didnt think they'd be a straight bolt on from a completely different bike.

As for the kick - Polish Guy doesn't like me for some reason, so he administers a kick into me whenever he gets the opportunity . . .

I didn't actually say that did i. . .
    I said the bike was different in just about every way - which it is . . . but if these bits are the same, good on ya. . . . buy 'em & bolt 'em on
    But because I was only talking about changing the pegs (and I wasn't aware that you thought I bought the complete hanger sets) none of our subsequent remarks were relevant, appropriate or worth a damn.

I'm happy to step over that particular blunder and start again if you are?

Hi, I'm Pedro. I cheapped-out and bought lowered footpegs intended for a zzr1400.

Hopefully they'll fit the ZRX peg brackets but I should be able to manage a bit of modifying if necessary.

Wish me luck!

Yes - i thought you meant the whole hangers, not just the pegs, thats why i didnt think they'd be a straight bolt on from a completely different bike.

As for the kick - Polish Guy doesn't like me for some reason, so he administers a kick into me whenever he gets the opportunity . . .
    Well I don't dislike ya. I have neither the time or energy to carry on a campaign of belittlement or antagonism with anyone.

Possibly thought the same as noggin, that I was referring to the entire footpeg assembly.
    Having read back it is clear you meant just the pegs, for me I've done it before with the assembly so that was my mistake witn assuming, anyway I like seeing people trying new things and especially if they get them to work.

A guy on another forum I visit just put a Tracer 900 engine in his old TRX 850 track bike. Lots of welding the frame up to get it to fit and the result is great.

Anything can be made to fit if you want it too

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Having read back it is clear you meant just the pegs, for me I've done it before with the assembly so that was my mistake witn assuming, anyway I like seeing people trying new things and especially if they get them to work.

A guy on another forum I visit just put a Tracer 900 engine in his old TRX 850 track bike. Lots of welding the frame up to get it to fit and the result is great.

Anything can be made to fit if you want it too
    It's just another reason to love owning bikes!

My only problem is space now. If I park another thing in a building in work I'll be shot.

I sincerely hope not snoops
    What Goes Around..........!!!

And to clear up one final point, when I said a kick wouldn't be out of the question, I meant a kick FOR me, FROM you. Not the other way around!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast