Thread: Fuel Gauge Issue

Fuel Gauge Issue

Hi all.

Sorry if this subject has been done to death and you're all sick and tired of noobs posting the same thing!

I did a search to try and find definite answers, but if someone could please clear up a couple of things for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

My fuel gauge is reading empty but I know the tank is about half full.

First question. Is it possible that the fuel gauge is on a separate fuse to everything else on the dash as everything else is working?

And second. Do I need to lift the tank to access the sender connector (so I can test the gauge by bridging the pins) or is there access to the connector with the tank in place.

Thanks muchly.

Re: Fuel Gauge Issue

You have to lift the tank to get to the connector but you don’t have to fully remove it per se (pull it back and hinge it upwards) and you can see it/ get your hand to it

It’s about 3/4 of the way down the tank (the connector that is)

It may be that when they did the tappets they didn’t reconnect it or didn’t connect properly as it doesn’t have a “locked” connection (if that makes sense)
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    You have to lift the tank to get to the connector but you don’t have to fully remove it per se (pull it back and hinge it upwards) and you can see it/ get your hand to it

It’s about 3/4 of the way down the tank (the connector that is)

It may be that when they did the tappets they didn’t reconnect it or didn’t connect properly as it doesn’t have a “locked” connection (if that makes sense)
    Ah, excellent point Nige, that never even occurred to me.

Thanks for the tips bud.

I had it happen when I took the tank off to paint it.. thought I had reconnected it but one of the wires wasnt seated properly

If the fuses all prove to be sound I'll whip the tank off with confidence so.