Thread: 1100 carbs or ZZR carbs

1100 carbs or ZZR carbs

After a botched attempt to get a mullered pilot screw out (looks like it's been jammed and snapped from previous owner) I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a replacement set.

If anyone has a set of 1100 carbs I'd be interested or a set of ZZR carbs that would work.

Out of interest, I spotted a set on fleaBay for the ZZR D models, is the right one for the ZRX that would fit with minimum fuss - i was intending to take the jets from the existing set if that would work although acknowledge some dyno time may be needed.

Re: 1100 carbs or ZZR carbs

Fatpat1664 had a set for sale last year
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    After a botched attempt to get a mullered pilot screw out (looks like it's been jammed and snapped from previous owner) I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a replacement set.
    If they are knackered then i could have a try and sort them , nothing to loose if you were going to replace them anyway.

If you were going down the ZZR route you will need inlet stubs to match the carbs , dyno time to sync them to whatever exhaust you have , pod filters and adapters , and something to hold the battery once the standard airbox is removed. All aforementioned parts are available , at a cost , and i think Kwick on the OA sells adapters to mate the 40mm carbs to the stock airbox , again at a price.

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

What Goes Around..........!!!

Cheers Kendo,

Not sure if you could repair, the castings broken down to the carb body so there's no thread or casting to even thread into.

Long story but it was a long drawn out attempt at drilling and tapping the threads, nearly worked and the casting snapped near the base, was gutted.

Anyway, I currently have pod filters anyway, so not too much messing around as have already lost the airbox etc.

I've already sent fatpat a PM to see if he has the carbs still available and if not will look to eBay,

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Brilliant, cheers for that.

the castings broken down to the carb body so there's no thread or casting to even thread into.

The ones from a ZZR12 will also fit.

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

If anyone has a set of 1100 carbs I'd be interested or a set of ZZR carbs that would work.
    PM for you.
    Life is hard - and then you die...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultim8pc View Post
    PM for you.
    Cheers fella, just emailed