Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Wirral

New Member Wirral

Hi all
    Thought i`d introduce myself. Dave as you could have worked out from the user name.
    I`m based in Great Sutton, Ellesmere port and have ridden bikes since the tender age of 10.

Currently I own a 1200 GS lc which is my main bike which takes me scratching and touring. Great bit of kit (said I`d never own one as they were shite).
    Also a 1976 KH 250 which i`ve owned since 2002 and is a little beauty.

I`ve owned loads of bikes over the years including a ZRX11 C1 in Celeste silver which I bought new in 1997 and sold it in 2002

I recently hauled my arse up to not so sunny Scotland and bought a rex off one of your members Jacky. Smashing fella. We had a little haggle and a deal was struck including paddock stands and original exhaust.
    The bike was in really good nick and it was original apart from the Akra and K&N filter. It has been on the dyno and is putting out 116bhp I will get the dynojet kit and have Steve Hammond of Motrac to set it all up in due course.
    The bike is currenty in a state of disrepair whilst I wait for the wheels to come back from the powder coaters.

I will stick some pics up soon

Cheers Dave
    Last edited by Daveb; 10th January 2018 at 09:29 PM.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Re: New Member Wirral

Hiya Dave, nice intro, welcome . we like pikkies we do. pikkies of yer wheels too, I do like painted wheels, me- don't know why. But might be tempted to the darker side one day.......

My bike is in a state of disrepair too- Like everything else I own ......

I don't think its been washed since it was registered and bought it with pink glasses on---- ( after selling the smartest bike on this forum to Eric...........)
    Birdie num num........

I’m not a 1000 miles away from you at the moment sir (stanlow )
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I’m not a 1000 miles away from you at the moment sir (stanlow )
    I take it your working on the shutdown at Shell sorry Essar refinery. Bet its cold down there at the moment. Mind I see your from the Norf East so used to a bit of cold. I used to live in Washington many years ago. Where are you staying I could bob down for a beer if you like?

Chance would be a fine thing reet now Dave but I will keep the offer open sir

It is cold at times but I traded a grinder for a pc some time ago so I’m never too cold for long

I’m up in new ferry but expect to be here until May so should have Rex with me by then
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Chance would be a fine thing reet now Dave but I will keep the offer open sir

It is cold at times but I traded a grinder for a pc some time ago so Iím never too cold for long

Iím up in new ferry but expect to be here until May so should have Rex with me by then
    Once you get the bike down and have a few hours to spare give me a shout and I`ll show you round the excellent North Wales. Some mega roads.
    That offer goes for all if anyone wants to see some great roads and scenery.

Hi Dave Welcome to the Forum! I also had one of the Celeste silver 1100s a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    North Wales.
    That offer goes for all if anyone wants to see some great roads and scenery.
    A local area for local people? There's nothing for you there
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    A local area for local people? There's nothing for you there
    Thats where your wrong because I am a local people living near the local area. Less tha 5 mins and I`m in twisty land
    Hopefully a pic of my original rex in 2002 ready for trading into Bill Smiths for a GSXr 600

Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    Thats where your wrong because I am a local people living near the local area.
    Oh dear..........

royston vasey.jpg
    Birdie num num........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast