Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZZR1200 Petrol Tap and Mod

Re: ZZR1200 Petrol Tap and Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Nope...those brain cells died years ago

Think the 'reserve' ZZR tap pipe was too high, so you'd never use all the ZRX tank reserve....or something
    The guy that originally posted up about this conversion, said to remove the main filter in the ZZR tap. Then to use the tap as per the ZRX configuration. Down for ON and up for RES.
    This meant the small reserve filter in the ZZR tap became the main filter and the unfiltered main side became the reserve feed, (about 2 miles worth). (Are you with me?)
    Then he realised you could just swap the filters over shorten the main to same length as ZRX and use the tap as normal ZRX configuration. Up ON-Down Res .
    I decided not to fook about with the filters as the reserve is stuck in and just use as ZZR configuration. (Are you with me?)

I’m not as the pipes are not interchangeable but I am sort of

That said, I have the feeling you can take the plate off and alter the tap orientation by 180 degrees Or is my mind completely gone on this subject
    What Goes Around..........!!!

All good stuff this, thanks,................but now I am confused as to whats best for the filter set up on the ZZR1200 tap ?

I have no probelm with the ZZR1200 tap being a different orientation to the ZRX tap (UP is on / DOWN is res / and RIGHT is off)..........but I do want to get the filter positions and lengths correct.

So.............whats best advised now, before I cut or change the wrong thing !
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post
    All good stuff this, thanks,................but now I am confused as to whats best for the filter set up on the ZZR1200 tap ?

I have no probelm with the ZZR1200 tap being a different orientation to the ZRX tap (UP is on / DOWN is res / and RIGHT is off)..........but I do want to get the filter positions and lengths correct.

So.............whats best advised now, before I cut or change the wrong thing !
    If you don't mind up for ON and down for RES. Pull out the main filter and shorten to same length as REX one. Leave the Res filter as is. You'll only be loosing access to a couple of mill of fuel in the bottom of your tank.
    Not being funny but it's obvious looking at it isn't it? No rocket science here.

Did the swap today with the ZZR petrol tap, works a treat.

IMO, I think this is one of the best modes for the ZRX.........nomore leaking vacuum tap !

THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12