Thread: Coolant Hose Int Dia ?

Coolant Hose Int Dia ?

Can anyone confirm the the exact INTERNAL Diameter (in mm) of the coolant hose from top right of Radiator to the Thermostat Housing ?

Ta
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Re: Coolant Hose Int Dia ?

Hard thing to measure properly , a rubber hose that has been clamped onto a fitting for many years.

If you have it off then cant the spigot on the rad and thermostat be measured instead as at least that will be the exact size you require.

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Ive some new Samco's i can measure but I'm with Kenny, very difficult to know when the Vernier is reading actual diameter (almost like trying to accurately measure an O ring).

That said, if you have it off i am sure the wenches moanometer will indicate if the spigot is the correcty size or not
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Don't know about exact size but the inners of the old hoses I just took off all measure around 25mm. Think you'll struggle with it getting pinched though if you're looking to get straight hose to cut down, though there's a pricey ribbed silicone type which doesn't deform when you bend it the normal silicone or rubber stuff would crease in on itself going through those angles. Think it really needs to be pre-shaped unless you want to start using extra joints.

As the bikes off the road for winter, I have now removed the radiator and measured the stub...........its 25mm (thanks Chris).
    I am looking at fitting an inline coolant sensor adaptor in the top coolant hose and was hoping to order it without having to remove the radiator for measure.

Thanks to all

Was thinking of doing this myself. Let us know how you get on.
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Was thinking of doing this myself. Let us know how you get on.
    Phoenix,

Carried out fitting the inline cooling sender adaptor in my new silicon hoses this weekend.
    I bought a 26mm adaptor which fits perfectly into the larger coolant pipes.
    I fitted it in the hose that goes from the thermostat housing to the metal coolant pipe at the REAR of the cylinder block infront of the carbs, as it has a long straight run and is not seen but is very accessible with the tank off, for reaching with a wire.
    Made a short earth lead to go from the adaptor body to the thermostat housing to the same point as the existing sensor.

Job done and working perfectly.