Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZX9R B4 - USD Forks

Re: ZX9R B4 - USD Forks

FWIW i also fitted some rubber washers (they have adhesive on one side) just to isolate the mudguard from the bracket and make it a "comfy" fit (although its a 6mm bolt i used 8 or poss 10mm washers (easy to measure) to clear the reverse top hat the mudguard bolts go into - you will see what i mean)

These are the sort of thing i used - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neoprene-R...mGbWztolRBUUug

If you choose to go down this route ill send you close up pics if you need it albeit its quite straightforward

That said, some like the 9 mudguard and also i think the 7R can be made to fit which is a bit of a halfway house that also looks smart
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I had some laser cut and bent them up on a small folder but sent the last set i had to Terry

There is a template in the pitstop somewhere but as they are straight you get one half inside and the other outside the guard (and thus why i extended one side by 10mm and put a kicker in it so they are both on the outside)

IIRC hoof hearted bent his the other way so both arms fit inside the guard (that i think look a bit better) and maybe he also has a template

I don't have easy access to the boys who cut mine now so i guess its the grinder, drill and file for you

This be the basic template (of which i extended one leg by 10mm)

Sorry, not got a template either. It was Hogster thatís a member on here that made them up. Donít know if he has a template still.
    see ya on the road skag

Quote Originally Posted by hoof hearted View Post
    Sorry, not got a template either. It was Hogster that’s a member on here that made them up. Don’t know if he has a template still.

I took a very uneducated guess there as it knew it was one of you splendid gentlemen

Forks have appeared... i've got a modified Triple Tree already... so this weekend's task is to have a bash at swapping it all over and seeing how we get on....i'm pretty sure my replacement Brake discs are 320 (i measured them on the bike)... but could be out.. so i'll just have to see..

Attachment 20917

Got the forks on.....though I can't help but feel they are slightly pissed... The front wheel seems slightly pointing off the right when everything is centred....does that indicate that one fork is higher/lower?

Did you have to fight the yoke on or if fitted first did the forks slide in easyish?

That said, you really need it on the ground to get a proper feel but I would start by doing this (clearly ignoring the first bit about the back) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEmOqY02EU

Actually, I watched the first minute and realised its my rear that's prob out....I just refit it after the puncture... I'll look at that first. thanks Nige....obvious really! Forks went in beautifully!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123