Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZX9R B4 - USD Forks

ZX9R B4 - USD Forks

Anyone got a set of these they no longer need?

Re: ZX9R B4 - USD Forks

They're getting harder to find these days, just been looking at 2013 thread making the same point....... might be worth checking Euro ebay sites, or making sure your ebay search includes them. They're bound to need a refurb. Other option is zzr14s which have some decent advantages (including availability).....

well, i found one pair, but its north of 200 which seems a bit steep for 20 year old forks... but i guess rarity drives up the cost...

Quote Originally Posted by Chevril View Post
    well, i found one pair, but its north of 200 which seems a bit steep for 20 year old forks... but i guess rarity drives up the cost...
    I've seen ZZR14s for cheaper........ There is a lot of info around re the 14 conversion. Across the pond on the OA the 14 conversion is more the norm than the 9.

Is that a wheel swap also with the ZZR14 ? I believe the 9R will take the existing ZRX wheel (albeit with 9R discs) ?

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Is that a wheel swap also with the ZZR14 ?
    Think you swap front hoop (and benefit from better brakes ) Also worth checking this out

One of the things that interests me is how the geometry on a Rex14 set up differs from a Rex9. I think most ZX9 conversions end up with less trail. Personally I would want a USD conversion which mimicked OE geometry as closely as possible.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
    Last edited by PALESAINT; 13th December 2017 at 04:59 PM.

I guess it'll depend what calipers one is running now. I already have Brembo's.

If IRC though, the ZZR has radial calipers, so yeah on a straight standard to standard swap, those brakes would be an upgrade.

I am not sure I'd want different pattern wheels front to rear though ..... unless the Rex wheel would drop into the ZZR forks, I think I would still hunt out a 9R front.

I logged into the parts DB on Cradleys has spent many a minute going through the front end of my X plate C4 and the 9R B4.... the brake discs are identical, (320mm I believe), the wheel, speedo, the 6 pot Tokico's, even the spindle is all identical.

I've already bought a modified triple tree from Bartman to fit the 9R forks... so it seems it's literally a Triple Tree switch and port everything else over..

I don't even really need them i just completely rebuilt the stock forks with Hyperpro springs and new seals etc.. but you know.. .its kind of taken my fancy now!

east of holland 50feet from the german border

I was gonna do that, got everything made, machined with our machine guru Kendo, then me knee went on me. Then I sold up cuz of me knee, then they repaired my knee, then, then, then........the saga continues.......
    Birdie num num........

Standard discs are a tad smaller than 320 sir

I’ve got usd on both mine (B1 and B2) which have the different Caliper spacing and although it’s all in the pit stop, if yo do get stuck I can send you some pics

Not sure if it bothers you but unless you modify the locking plate on the frame the steering lock doesn’t work either with USD
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast