Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puncture Repair?

Puncture Repair?

Went out last Sunday for a bimble... it was filthy... came home after 30 mins, quick wipe down and put away. Have been away all week, went into the garage and found the rear tyre has a puncture.. must have been reasonably slow, as I rode home without any issue.. its done the grand total of 465 miles.

Attachment 20871 Attachment 20872

Questions...

1) Do you think this can be plugged?

2) Would you trust a rear tyre after it's been fixed/plugged or would you ditch it and just get a new one to be on the safe side?

Re: Puncture Repair?

If its a maxis I would bin it anyway.

Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

Yes you can plug it....and yes I'd trust a plug iv had a tyre plugged twice with no problems.

I'm with the big H on this

That said, I'm a bit of a tyre fanny and although ive had maxxis on a rex (and they were fine but flatted off on big MWay miles mega quick) the Bridgestone BT023 is as good a all round tyre as you will get

A bit stickier I massively rate S21 (but they don't last too long either)

See ive just started a new tyre thread
    What Goes Around..........!!!

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Yes and yes..........
    Birdie num num........

i had one plugged had no probs.
    it's a good day when you wake up and stretch out and don't touch wood

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgierex View Post
    Yes you can plug it....and yes I'd trust a plug iv had a tyre plugged twice with no problems.
    I agree, had a tyre plugged in the IOM, 600 ninja, went on to race round like a twat for a week and did a track day at Croft and a few more miles before it came off..

Also, on a car I did 30k miles on a plug.. not the same as a bike I know but shows they can cope..

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I'm with the big H on this

That said, I'm a bit of a tyre fanny and although ive had maxxis on a rex (and they were fine but flatted off on big MWay miles mega quick) the Bridgestone BT023 is as good a all round tyre as you will get

A bit stickier I massively rate S21 (but they don't last too long either)

See ive just started a new tyre thread
    Mmmm!! Bridgestone...

Thanks all... i'll see if it can get plugged...

On the tyre choice... i was on a bit of a budget to try and get the bike back on the road, and the SuperMaxx got decent reviews all round. I have to say, i've not experienced any issues with them whatsoever, plenty of grip, no weird moments etc. But, I'm also not doing mach 1 everywhere and they seem perfectly fine for that. I think some of the guff written on tyres is exactly that.. guff... if you are just mooching around, not doing anything stupid or trying to outride both the bike's and your capability, then mid range tyres are perfectly fine and I really doubt most people will notice any difference between them and the high end Pirelli's, Dunlops etc. It's only if you're wanting to push the envelope on a trackday etc that you're going to notice the extra on the expensive tyres.

So there..

Quote Originally Posted by Chevril View Post
    Thanks all... i'll see if it can get plugged...

On the tyre choice... i was on a bit of a budget to try and get the bike back on the road, and the SuperMaxx got decent reviews all round. I have to say, i've not experienced any issues with them whatsoever, plenty of grip, no weird moments etc. But, I'm also not doing mach 1 everywhere and they seem perfectly fine for that. I think some of the guff written on tyres is exactly that.. guff... if you are just mooching around, not doing anything stupid or trying to outride both the bike's and your capability, then mid range tyres are perfectly fine and I really doubt most people will notice any difference between them and the high end Pirelli's, Dunlops etc. It's only if you're wanting to push the envelope on a trackday etc that you're going to notice the extra on the expensive tyres.

So there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast