Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZRX1200R A6F 2006 Front Forks. Questions

ZRX1200R A6F 2006 Front Forks. Questions

Does anyone have the workshop manual section link for the ZRX1200R A6F 2006 model for the front forks? They seem to be different to the earlier 1200 and definitly not the same as the 1100 ?

Question.........
    Is it worth removing the Lower Fork Leg Adjuster (at the very bottom rear of the fork leg) for cleaning and inspection, or is it just best left alone?

Pete
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Re: ZRX1200R A6F 2006 Front Forks. Questions

What are you doing to the forks , just taking them out or stripping them down ?

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Kendo,

Stripping to replace oil and seals.

Glad I did..............as one leg has new oil and seal and the other had a small amount of very dirty oil in it, so previous owner must have replaced just one seal before I bought the bike.

Any advice appreciated.

I don't think you can take the adjusters out Pete so would be very careful

I think its worthwhile pulling them all the way down tho as they can get quite claggy once the oil starts to break down

Changing the bushes is debatable as I changed a set for Rom some time ago and they had hardly lost anything off them (and I very much doubt any difference was felt) but I changed them when I rebuilt my USD just because I wanted a clean start with them as it were.
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post
    Does anyone have the workshop manual section link for the ZRX1200R A6F 2006 model for the front forks? They seem to be different to the earlier 1200 and definitly not the same as the 1100 ?

Pete
    2006 = later front end internals, you can't rebuild with cartridge emulators etc. I maybe wrong but I think if you have a late 1200 (03 or 4 on?) you are limited to springs and oil, no revalving.

Earlier 12s had different internals and were similar if not identical to 11s bar the S, where the only difference is spring rate.

Thanks lads.

Will just leave the adjusters alone for now (thery are free moving and operational anyway).
    Nige..............the bushes look very unworn and good, so dont think there is a need to replace.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    I don't think you can take the adjusters out Pete so would be very careful

I think its worthwhile pulling them all the way down tho as they can get quite claggy once the oil starts to break down

Changing the bushes is debatable as I changed a set for Rom some time ago and they had hardly lost anything off them (and I very much doubt any difference was felt) but I changed them when I rebuilt my USD just because I wanted a clean start with them as it were.
    Nige,
    You can actually remove the adjusters as a complete unit from the bottom of the fork leg.
    They basically just unscrew with the adjuster retained in the middle. Its just a simple fine threaded tapered screw adjuster to control the oil flow, with 2 x ball bearings and a spring to make it "click" in position.
    As its at the very base of the outer fork leg, you "could" use it as an oil drain facility too !
    I would post an image of it but I gave up trying to post images on here months ago as no matter what I do it wont let me post one.

Pete
    Last edited by RETROBOY; 28th November 2017 at 05:20 PM.

That be interesting Pete,

Am guessing they are like the ZX9 upside downy things then as they also unscrew

Pic would be good for reference and ill post them for you if you want to send to me email (which i will send to you if you wish it).
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    That be interesting Pete,

Am guessing they are like the ZX9 upside downy things then as they also unscrew

Pic would be good for reference and ill post them for you if you want to send to me email (which i will send to you if you wish it).
    Nige,

That would be good if you can send me a PM with your email address so I can send you some good photos while my forks are in pieces.

Ta

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by RETROBOY View Post
    Nige,
    You can actually remove the adjusters as a complete unit from the bottom of the fork leg.
    They basically just unscrew with the adjuster retained in the middle. Its just a simple fine threaded tapered screw adjuster to control the oil flow, with 2 x ball bearings and a spring to make it "click" in position.
    As its at the very base of the outer fork leg, you "could" use it as an oil drain facility too !
    I would post an image of it but I gave up trying to post images on here months ago as no matter what I do it wont let me post one.

Pete
    may be wrong but i thought the little pin in the back stopped it coming right out to stop peeps ending up with it right out?
    it's a good day when you wake up and stretch out and don't touch wood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast