Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fresher in South Yorkshire!!!

Re: Fresher in South Yorkshire!!!

Wanted to post a pic but can't figure out how to work with the attachments here...

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3k851 View Post
    Wanted to post a pic but can't figure out how to work with the attachments here...
    but you've already posted three pic's in this thread ???
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    but you've already posted three pic's in this thread ???
    Don't understand .... can you only post 3 pics per a thread? Is there any guide on the forum how to work with the attachments?

Don't understand .... can you only post 3 pics per a thread? Is there any guide on the forum how to work with the attachments?
    You can post more than three pics on any thread / reply , what exactly are you trying to post ?

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Talking about mods… I won’t be going for any performance enhancements unless I feel confident enough to take it on track … however I love the look of USDs on it so I’ve done a bit of Google digging and the zx9r seemed to be the preferred choice at one point…. Few days ago I went on ebay just to see the availability of these as the threads I was reading suggested that they are hard to find … I landed a pair in perfect shape
    20171108_183334-12.jpg

Just wanted an opinion … was this a little too premature purchase?
    I read somewhere that I could just fit this in as they are due to similar weight … I know there is more to consider in terms of yokes, stem, disks/callipers/wheel … but just wanted to ask if a rebuild and change of oil would be required if these look like there is nothing wrong with them

… I know there is more to consider in terms of yokes, stem, disks/callipers/wheel … but just wanted to ask if a rebuild and change of oil would be required if these look like there is nothing wrong with them
    When you get them then i would replace the oil as it will be quite straight forward to do and there is no guarantee when it was last done.

There is a write-up in the pitstop section detailing all the requirements for fitting the ZX9 forks , once you get to 20 proper posts then all will be revealed.

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post

There is a write-up in the pitstop section detailing all the requirements for fitting the ZX9 forks , once you get to 20 proper posts then all will be revealed.

Kendo
    Great, thanks for that Kendo... just wanted to make sure it wasn't a waste of money...

I am also planning on some custom tail treatment and maybe a different take on the bikini fairing incorporating a round headlight from VRod… I recently bought a desktop 3d printer and wanted explore the options of 3d printed parts for these mods…

Have there previously been any exploration in 3d printing parts for REXs in here?

Your forks are B1 so best calipers for you are 4 pot Tokico calipers off a ZX7R (albeit you could machine an adaptor to take standard 6 pots or Nissin 4 pot but this route is very challenging and sits the caliper very low)

Ive got ZX7R calipers on one of mine and they are comparible with the Nissin (which for me are far superior to standard 6 pots unless they are in tip top condition)
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Your forks are B1 so best calipers for you are 4 pot Tokico calipers off a ZX7R
    Thank you for the info Nige ... was hoping the original callipers would just bolt in ... was judging based on the mounting position and direction … obviously just eyeballing but I guess that would be just way too lucky

… will I be able to use the original front wheel and discs with the 4 pot Tokico callipers?

Front wheel yes but discs no sir

You require the 320mm discs (standard are 310)

Ive got B1 on one and B3 forks on the other should you not be able to find what you are looking for in the pitstop
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast