Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAWASAKI PLEASE BUILD THIS.....Start praying now!

KAWASAKI PLEASE BUILD THIS.....Start praying now!

I came across these (yes almost literally!) recently. Apologies if they have already been posted on here.

What a lovely modern interpretation of a classic.

Its highly unlikely that any brand would bother going multi cylinder (given the pressure of various future EURO emission rules forcing them to consider small capacity with perhaps forced induction) BUT if Kawasaki DID build something like this (perhaps with their H2 supercharged engine detuned for mid range....something they appear to be doing with a new sports touring bike, due imminently) I'd consider it.

What do you think guys ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: KAWASAKI PLEASE BUILD THIS.....Start praying now!

Think I've just been sick in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    I came across these (yes almost literally!) recently.
    I can see why, its beautiful.

revised H2 lump in sports tourer guise due EICMA next month featuring balanced blower:

" The Balanced Supercharged engine shown at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2015 was similar to the H2’s 1000cc four-cylinder but featured a clever new supercharger design. It used variable intake vanes to alter the airflow into the supercharger, with the intention of increasing low-end torque and efficiency rather than going for out-and-out power like the H2. "

That is what we'll see next month in tourer guise, as you say. Forced induction makes far more sense on smaller, middle weight lumps because you can get power + low weight, although I seriously doubt that the new bike will be smaller than 800. But smaller forced induction engines are the future.

There seems little point in supercharging a naked litre bike because current litre engines are capable of providing more than enough power for any naked, and the right gearing will give you all the shove you need.

Kardesign.... Wonder if that's Kar Lee. Used to work for one of the bike comics, might have been Performance Bikes....?

Anyway, the bike.... Yeah, looks class, but it would be massive. That's a big bulky engine.
    Don't like the wheels, but the rest of it works for me.

Could be Kar Lee...wasn't he FASTBIKES ?

Agree with comments regarding retro naked not needing to be anything other than normally aspirated and the 6 being a massive lump...

I just like the overall look....I think its because of the very original style bodywork (small box tail unit, flat long tank, deeper seat etc) having simple lines.

THIS is what the public want now....we've had enough of plastic rockets that serve no purpose on the roads today with speed bumps everywhere, speed cameras everywhere, loads of traffic etc.

May also have something to do with my rose tinted glasses from years gone by. See attached pic of my older cousins Z1100 that started my love affair with that style of big KAWASAKI as a young teen.

My rose tinted glasses saw an immense engine, stunning green paint, cool styling and deep noise....

He has since told me that despite the engine being awesome....the chassis was shite and tried to kill him every time he went above 120! (and he is/always has been a bloody good rider)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really like it , works well in both colours as well .

I am loving the horizontal stripes and the rear of the bike as well ,

kinda reminds me of that Harris (?) framed rex years ago .

mp
    Hcw's . Innovator or Imitator, what are you ?

really love the look of that, green though

I'm Liking the red one.
    Loud pipes save lives!

I’m a Kawasaki man through and through, got my first new one in 1990 and never had another make since. I love ZRX’s, but that doesn’t float my boat. I do like the new Z900R with spoked wheels though, I might be tempted next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast