Thread: Old Box Hill video

Old Box Hill video

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Re: Old Box Hill video

Who's the Cone Head at 6.32? I said Cone Head...............
    Birdie num num........

And Nige in his yonger years at 6.46.
    Birdie num num........

And a Chris wanabee on the left at 7.05.
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    And Nige in his yonger years at 6.46.
    Loud pipes save lives!

Nice one Chris. Takes me back to 1980 and my first trips up the hill with my mates from Guildford technical college on my rd250e.
    I am guessing that's about the same time with x7's there but not an Elsie in sight.

Mp

Ps. Note , not a bloody Olympic cyclist wannabe in sight , the scourge of Box hill and the surrounding roads nowadays !
    Last edited by mp; 5th October 2017 at 10:59 PM.
    Hcw's . Innovator or Imitator, what are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Nice one Chris. Takes me back to 1980 and my first trips up the hill with my mates from Guildford technical college on my rd250e.
    I am guessing that's about the same time with x7's there but not an Elsie in sight.

Mp

Ps. Note , not a bloody Olympic cyclist wannabe in sight , the scourge of Box hill and the surrounding roads nowadays !
    More police than at the Bol d'Or! Must be a lot tamer these days that was supposed to be made in 1979, things look better than they are now.

That's pretty much how I remember it too. I started going there with my mates in 1978 on my Fizzy. It was pretty mental for a while, with hundreds of bikes turning up over the course of a Sunday afternoon and with no speed cameras along the bypass it was pretty much a free for all. I lived in Epsom and the ten miles to Box Hill was fucking awesome on my RD350B! The police started turning up in ever increasing numbers which was a shame, but understandable...anybody who made the mistake of trying to either park up or leave in a car was ripe for abuse. I remember some guy in an open top roller or Bentley driving past the entrance and having his car filled with empty cans and coffee cups. Was actually pretty funny when you're 17, but the guy looked freaked out! It was the wheelie show from pretty much every RD owner leaving with the inevitable carnage from the less skilled that started pissing off the locals and bought the police (and ambulances) I reckon. An amazing time...much calmer there now.

Quote Originally Posted by ukcoupe View Post
    That's pretty much how I remember it too. I started going there with my mates in 1978 on my Fizzy. It was pretty mental for a while, with hundreds of bikes turning up over the course of a Sunday afternoon and with no speed cameras along the bypass it was pretty much a free for all. I lived in Epsom and the ten miles to Box Hill was fucking awesome on my RD350B! The police started turning up in ever increasing numbers which was a shame, but understandable...anybody who made the mistake of trying to either park up or leave in a car was ripe for abuse. I remember some guy in an open top roller or Bentley driving past the entrance and having his car filled with empty cans and coffee cups. Was actually pretty funny when you're 17, but the guy looked freaked out! It was the wheelie show from pretty much every RD owner leaving with the inevitable carnage from the less skilled that started pissing off the locals and bought the police (and ambulances) I reckon. An amazing time...much calmer there now.
    Lol , I remember going there in the early 80's with some other mates on elsies ,

and the last of the Mod revival turned up on scooters , they did not stop

Many fond memories of Boxhill and mates no longer with us .

mp
    Hcw's . Innovator or Imitator, what are you ?