Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enigine paint

Re: Enigine paint

With any air dry paint don't be in a rush to put it all back together if anything you paint is in contact with plastic or rubber.
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

Yes Nige, very much a hearts fan, not much fun at the moment tho!!

Thanks for the tip phoenix! I've got loads of other stuff to do, I'll give it a couple of days before putting them back on.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    With any air dry paint don't be in a rush to put it all back together if anything you paint is in contact with plastic or rubber.
    Thanks for the heads up.. as doug said, I'll leave it a few days. I don't want any more problems.. before the final Gloss coat I rubbed it down with some fine wire wool, unfortunately it must have had some solvol of from when I did the exhaust headers, it looked clean. When the paint hit the rad it immediately bubbled and wrinkled up.. bugger!! as it was still wet I wiped it off with tissue and left what was left to dry before starting again and after a good clean with white spirit re-sprayed it.. All done now and will reassemble at the weekend.

I used a black gloss form Halfords, considering how bad I am at paining stuff it went on really well...

windy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12