Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Euro emissions class is a 2003 ZRX1200?

Re: What Euro emissions class is a 2003 ZRX1200?

You'll find vehicles contribute 3% of nox fumes, not bikes. That number is ridiculously small.

As a heads up, the mayors office have plans to introduce charges on bikes. From memory the consultation suggested looking at Euro 5 legislation and they would look to charge bikes older than an 09 plate (when euro 5 was supposed to come I think) a fee.

OK, well my 05 BMW is Euro 5 compliant, BMW made it complaint so it was protected, but no matter I would have to pay.

My 11 plate Victory was made in 2008, but never registered. It would be able to go in.

Mate who works at TFL said it the Mayors transport office was full of utter arsewipes who had no idea about anything, other than all vehicles are Satan's work.

Bugger it, going to registered everything to my place in Europe and take my chances.

Its all on here, Euro 3's the minimum requirement typically bikes registered before 1st July 2007 are subject to a 12:50 daily charge from September 2020! Unless its in a historic vehicle class then you can pollute as much as you want, or the manufacturer made the bike Euro 3 compliant earlier suppose you'd have to go to some lengths to prove it to them though. Nuts really but then that's London for you. Suppose Edinburgh council have seen a money making opportunity too, guess the ZRX was discontinued at the time Euro 3 came in. There's a bit of info on here actually saying its Euro 2.
    Last edited by Chris'ZRX; 11th October 2017 at 07:55 PM.

I think it's a trend we have to get used to unfortunately.

With the war on diesels now moving to all IC engines and the 2040 deadline for moving to electric vehicles, these sort of restrictions will simply become more strict and widespread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Its all on here, Euro 3's the minimum requirement typically bikes registered before 1st July 2007 are subject to a 12:50 daily charge from September 2020! Unless its in a historic vehicle class then you can pollute as much as you want, or the manufacturer made the bike Euro 3 compliant earlier suppose you'd have to go to some lengths to prove it to them though. Nuts really but then that's London for you. Suppose Edinburgh council have seen a money making opportunity too, guess the ZRX was discontinued at the time Euro 3 came in. There's a bit of info on here actually saying its Euro 2.
    its shite isnt it?

of the 5 cars and 3 motorbikes I have in the family, only 2 will be allowed into these ULEZ's - a 1961 mini (tuned to an inch of its life - 100bhp at the wheels) and a RD350LC that runs on premix, so is anything but clean.

that just shows the stupidity of these new proposals.

They should have the sense to realise that bikes aren't adding to the congestion and won't be spending as long stuck in traffic chucking out pollutants anyway is a good enough reason not to slap them with emissions fines never mind the tiny amounts we contribute...Not as if churning out loads of newer vehicles from the factories is great for the environment anyway is it, would make more sense just letting people use them until they're at the end of their useful days I mean most people seem to want newer stuff anyway don't see how there's a great number of older vehicles causing a massive 'problem' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Unless its in a historic vehicle class . . .
    How is a "historic vehicle" classified? Exactly what is a historic vehicle?

Pre-77 according to the doovla, vehicles that don't require road tax now.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Historic vehicles will be next.

We can't even go into The Smoke/other big cities with dirty diesels. After this it'll be everything else that follows (Paris 2020), rendering historic vehicles worthless. I reckon the introduction of autonomous vehicles will kill the choice of vehicles that peeps make-cuz it won't be their choice. - Thus opening the door for politics to tax transport even more including bicycles.

What'll happen is peeps will buy electric bicycles(which will be heavily taxed too) and cut off autonomous vehicles with their bicycle antics because the cars will be programmed to brake for eveybodys safety. Then we'll get a different sort of roadrage. Hahaha -what a pisser.

Then, one good solar storm will fuck everything up and we'll all fucking die/kill eachother, that's if, we are not dead already because only the wealthy will be able to afford health care.
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    Historic vehicles will be next.

We can't even go into The Smoke/other big cities with dirty diesels. After this it'll be everything else that follows (Paris 2020), rendering historic vehicles worthless. I reckon the introduction of autonomous vehicles will kill the choice of vehicles that peeps make-cuz it won't be their choice. - Thus opening the door for politics to tax transport even more including bicycles.

What'll happen is peeps will buy electric bicycles(which will be heavily taxed too) and cut off autonomous vehicles with their bicycle antics because the cars will be programmed to brake for eveybodys safety. Then we'll get a different sort of roadrage. Hahaha -what a pisser.

Then, one good solar storm will fuck everything up and we'll all fucking die/kill eachother, that's if, we are not dead already because only the wealthy will be able to afford health care.
    The last sentence sums it all up there, yet another tax on the have nots whilst the rich , well heeled and corrupt go on their merry way .

mp
    Hants chapter , more of a sentence now though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12