Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe 11/10/17

Castle Combe 11/10/17

Booked, spaces left at time of writing....

Like I said in previous CC thread, this is a good track for anyone S/SW ish just off the M4 near Leigh Delamere services, about 10m NW of Chippenham. Not a bad run from London if you leave early.

Changed from original date to replicate the noise test down here (a bloke who does car days at Combe had the same noise meter they use, and we tested in a similar environment to the one they have). Result = 102 db @ 3/4 revs with Kerker street can and fresh wadding (threshold = 105db). Which was a nice surprise - the race can wouldn't have made it.

This is realistically the last track opportunity of the year, be great if anyone on here fancies it.

Re: Castle Combe 11/10/17

This is realistically the last track opportunity of the year, be great if anyone on here fancies it.
    and weather looking good, dry 16c forecast (fingers crossed,obviously).

That's interesting about the Kerker, perhaps I'll see about getting the smaller end cap arrangement for the sake of track days. Don't think will be able to do this time round but maybe some time next year if you post another one up.

FOWLER111017 883.jpg

Kerker street can passed at Combe thankfully.

I'd never been there, interesting day, wet and dry. In fact we had damp, completely dry, wet , damp, completely dry and wet again. Damp was way worse than wet as you might expect.

At Combe you have mixed ability groups throughout, the normal segregation (novice / intermediate / fast) does not apply. So you can get a good club racer or two in the same group as novices. There are advantages to this, the less experienced get to see some genuinely quick riders at first hand. Combe only allow twelve on the track at any one time which is a definite plus.

Nice riding shot do they hand out the dayglo bibs there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Nice riding shot do they hand out the dayglo bibs there?
    Mandatory for anyone new to the circuit.

Could be because of mixed ability groups topped off with open pit lane at the end of the day

Makes sense! What sort of tyre pressures did you run?

Looking good nick (but when I asked them they said them there jerkins were for the old folk )

How is Sal BTW ?
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Makes sense! What sort of tyre pressures did you run?
    Stuck with standard road tyres (Metzeler M7RR) because of lowish temps and variable conditions. Dropped them to 30f 35r, not too radical again because of the conditions. I'm one of the few on here who tend to run the Rex slightly below the 36 / 42 standard anyway, so the difference was minimal. The only moment I had was on the red and white painted edges of the esses when the arse stepped out, at Combe avoiding the paintwork is essential, I was cutting the line too fine.

Nige, ta for asking Sal is home and starting to ditch crutches and boot, specially round the house. All coming together nice and steady....

Quote Originally Posted by PALESAINT View Post
    Nige, ta for asking Sal is home and starting to ditch crutches and boot, specially round the house. All coming together nice and steady....
    That is good news mate. Any chance of a picture of her crutch ?
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast