Thread: No nearer to another REX bought this though, keep me going for now?

No nearer to another REX bought this though, keep me going for now?

It would appear I have moved to the dark side but needs must - a Suzuki, ain't never had such an animal before nor wanted one.

Bought this and after some tribulations, wiring, suspension, lower yoke - twisted!!!! - chain/sprockets and zorst, got it running very well at least for the remainder of the season.

Put it through a full fluid service, oil/filter twice - oil now clear, brake fluid, rad fluid/flush - running temp now averaging 65 degrees as opposed to 75 degrees. New air filter, battery plus brake pads throughout new tyres due winter.

Come winter will need to make some more permanent fixes etc.

Goes very well, brakes very well and very stable in the bends and so so light in weight and with a few adjustments, bars and footrests etc pretty close to fitting my lardy 6ft plus frame.

Its a GSXR 1000 K2 with K4 engine, K3/4 front end, Harris Ti headers, apparently, Yoshi TRS can.

Quite surprised how tractable these motors are something which swung it for me - price came into it also.
    Last edited by oldninjaronzrx; 18th November 2017 at 08:20 PM.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Re: No nearer to another REX bought this though, keep me going for now?

hmmmm, Nice front end. Does the Nos work?, if not, inhale it.

Oh and that old fence needs attention.

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    hmmmm, Nice front end. Does the Nos work?, if not, inhale it.

Oh and that old fence needs attention.
    Some late GSXR Brembo calipers will fit front end price permitting. NOS, no ordinary s**t just rad fluid, he, he. Beneath that old fence is where we breed Wagtails every year, shame to spoil it.

I like that Ron

If you can get it as comfy as Rex I doubt you will be back on one as the Gixxer motors are as good as it gets

Nice to see you out and about.................................guessing/hoping the employment front is now sorted?

Oh and the standard brakes are more than good enough for the likes of us sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thumbs up Re: No nearer to another REX bought this though, keep me going for now?

Jobs a good'un working for major international company, house paid off but future finances goosed but could have been a lot, lot worse.