Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZX7 owner?

ZX7 owner?

These are still well cheap - the RR is going up, but there's one 10 miles away, £1500 ono, green, 25k miles, full micron system?,
    years ticket, new chain sprockets blah.

I know a few on here have had one, osteopath / chiropractor short cut or comfortable old skool sportsbike?

A lot of weight over the front end which prolly helps, this one is one -1 + 2 on the sprocket front....

Re: ZX7 owner?

Had a zx7r for 14 years,great bike,though riding position is a bit head down bum up.i fitted higher bars(robbymoto)about 1 inch higher which helped if riding in town.
    out of town and making progress,it feels pretty good ,though a bit of a stretch for shorter riders,i'm 6ft2.
    Jack up the ride height on the shock ,makes it steer quicker too.

I commuted on mine for a few years, when I was younger also, I'm 6'6" so that helps staying upright. Heavy but very stable, peppy down low and very accurate steering at speed. Never had any issues with mine apart from a mysterious fuel problem after riding 1100km that sorted itself.
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    I commuted on mine for a few years, when I was younger
    Same here. I spent a few years commuting into London on mine. I once pulled up next to a bus at some lights and the bus driver leans out of his window and asks me to do a wheelie off the lights. I've never really been one for wheelies so said this bikes too heavy for wheelies, thinking he wouldn't know better. Then shouts 'well mine will' and laughing lifted his feet up to the window to show he was driving the bus in a pair of Sidi's

I bought one last year and have used it on a few trackdays (Cartenga and Spa) also used it to ride up to Cadwell last week, pretty comfortable and very good fuel economy. I have fitted LSL handlebars which has made it considerable more comfortable.
    Rob

I have a ZX7R P3, it was 4 months old when I bought it in 1999

I have ridden and contemplated newer sports bikes, but the front end (heavy as it is) is so planted and almost covers some of my inadequacies

I may be considered as an old romantic for the love of the ZX7R but it is still the best all round sports bike along with the Urban Tiger era Blade IMHO
    Team Phat Bastid - Hants Chapter Wannabe
    The Future is bright .. the Future is ORANGE

Quote Originally Posted by TI GG RRRRRRRRRR View Post
    I may be considered as an old romantic for the love of the ZX7R but it is still the best all round sports bike along with the Urban Tiger era Blade IMHO
    The problem (IMO) these days is the bikes have no character. The heavy front end made it feel solid and planted and while not as clinical as modern sports bikes, actually had that little 'something' that all good bikes have to make you want to jump on them.

I've had a couple of bikes that were technically brilliant, but bored the hell out of me to ride. It's also one of the reasons after all these years I still wanted to get a ZRX. A younger guy at work who rides pocket rockets thinks it's a bit of a dinosaur, which makes me laugh as he'd probably shit his pants on one if he gave it the beans.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

My ZXR gave me piles, had to soak them in thinners and scrub 'em off with a wire brush.........
    Birdie num num........

I ran three zx7r,one after the other over ten years.

Great bikes, thing is I wanted to go far not faster so ended up on a selection of Zrx's.
    One more and you get a big kiss

I also had a zx12r in 2000 / 2003 cos I wanted to go really fast.
    One more and you get a big kiss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast