Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carb o rings - mixture screws

Re: Carb o rings - mixture screws

Did these sort your running problems?
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

Yep big improvement, particularly after carb balancing was obvious at least one of them wasn't sealing just looking at the carbs underneath.

During a carb strip and ultrasonic clean to try and cure rough idling, I found one of these o rings in the bottom of the u s tank before I realised they were there. Located the other three o rings still in the mixture screw hole but Iíve yet to see the small washers that sit next to these o rings. My question is does this small washer sit under the o ring or on top up against the spring.
    Problem I have now is I can remove the mixture screw but canít now get the o rings out of the hole to check if the washer is there. The O ring that came out was in good condition so donít want to damage them hooking them out just to check if the washer is there, is the washer absolutely necessary? any advice much appreciated.

The washer is under the O ring Dave so would suggest it is required.

Pete (Kwick) does them - http://www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Form...all_Parts.html

This fiche plate also shows a good view - http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com...A3P&country=GB
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Great info as ever Nige thanks. Looks like the washers purpose is to sit on top of the o ring so the end of the spring isnít bearing directly on it. Going to have a good search in the area i stripped the Carbs in case they dropped out also in the drainage pipe of the U S tank and make something to fish the o rings out of the bottom of the mixture screw holes .
    Then if theyíve vanished into the ether, make enquiries as to if your guy Pete Kwik will send a set or two of these washers $3 a set with reasonable shipping cost. Wish me luck
    Last edited by DaveZ1; 21st March 2018 at 08:58 PM.

Pete will send them no probs (I’ve had lots of stuff off him) and he is also a member on here and the OA

This be he - http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/member.php?2100-KWICK albeit he answers his emails to his ELS website addy smartish
    Last edited by ZRXNige; 21st March 2018 at 09:43 PM.

I normally fish the O'rings out with a very small tie rap with the end bent over. The washers are very small and easily misplaced. Once you've done it your more careful the next time
    The O'rings are between 10 - 20yrs old, so makes sense to replace if your stripping them down. In fact I'd replace the whole 16 piece O'ring set.

Cheers Nige that great news but........
    Looky what I found in the plug hole of my ultra sonic cleaning tank.
    B614F04E-90DA-4D4B-9E58-551025A40BAF.jpg
    Just the washers!! Thank god for magnets and I managed to fish out the o rings with a tiny wire hook.
    One of the o rings has a chunk out of it so Iíve just ordered a set of those ZZR ones on fleabay posted earlier in this thread.
    Anyhoo, lesson learned..... take a good look at the parts drawing as you strip something youíve not done before.
    Done loads of Z1 VM 28 Carbs and the mixture screw just has the spring and some have o rings sitting in a recess on the screw and no washers. Shouldnít have assumed these would be the same.
    Thank again for all the helpful information.

Excellent news Dave and no worries sir

Quote Originally Posted by t20p1 View Post
    I normally fish the O'rings out with a very small tie rap with the end bent over. The washers are very small and easily misplaced. Once you've done it your more careful the next time
    The O'rings are between 10 - 20yrs old, so makes sense to replace if your stripping them down. In fact I'd replace the whole 16 piece O'ring set.
    Good advice t20p1 I made a tiny hook from some garden wire with the insulation removed but a small tie wrap is probably a safer option, less likely to damage anything. Point taken on the 15yr old o rings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12