Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb o rings - mixture screws

Carb o rings - mixture screws

Does anyone know the size of mixture screw O rings needed for standard carbs? I think they're 5mm OD x 2.8 inner Viton type from what I've gleaned, does this sound about right? Closest to that I can find are 2.8 inner with 1mm cross sections which I suppose makes them a little under snug, plenty wider ones available though.

Re: Carb o rings - mixture screws

It will be worthwhile posting up if you do find any. Mine had started to run really rough low down & it turned out to be these rubbers that had turned to mush that was causing it. The only way I could find any was to buy the complete mixture screw kit they come with at a tenner a pop x 4.
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

A Triumph Bonneville forum has them as sizes 5mm OD x 2.8 inner, the 'early' ones used CVK36 carbs as far as I can tell. Found some 2.8 inner with 1mm outers which I suppose is a bit shy of 5mm, wondering if having slightly thicker cross sections would be alright just squeezing them in to fit - suppose once they're in there and the mixture set they aren't being moved around just need to do the business of sealing up...Don't see the carb parts listed separately on the Kawasaki parts finder.
    Last edited by Chris'ZRX; 21st September 2017 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    .Don't see the carb parts listed separately on the Kawasaki parts finder.
    Part number 16014 but that is for the o ring, spring, screw & washer. They don't list the o ring as a stand alone part.

http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com...B3P&country=GB

May be worthwhile asking NRP if they can advise or supply, they seem to know their stuff with carbs.

http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk
    Se si muove, sorpassilo. Se non, lucidilo.

Organise a group buy from KWICK on the OA.
    Then he only has to post one envelope.

Found a set of 10 for 3 with the correct dimensions here in the happy land of brexit.

Found a set of 10 for 3 with the correct dimensions here in the happy land of brexit.
    You bought them at the right time for 3 mate..............cos after the idiot who is meant to be running this country has her speech today in Floence and gives away more BILLIONS to the greedy shower of $hit in Europe, everythings gonna go up in price here, including the interest rate, to pay for her generousity !
    THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS...................

Found a set here from this ebay seller who calls himself Bentley Motorcycles or flippy2motorcycles is his ebay id. These ones were 3:99 rather than 3 as the other place I found told me they couldn't source them despite listing the right size. He's selling them as ZZR1200 CVK40 ones but they measure the same size as those on the ZRX 36mms.
    I took the carbs off last night and undid the mixture screws, one of them had a broken up o-ring in two pieces - was obvious there was something amiss even before I took the screw out as it was wet around it whereas the others were dry. The other 3 were intact but looked a little swollen compared to the new set, hopefully this will improve the low speed running a fair bit was getting a bit annoying.

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Good post Chris............

Got any "O"'s....
    Birdie num num........

Found a set here from this ebay seller who calls himself Bentley Motorcycles or flippy2motorcycles is his ebay id. These ones were 3:99 rather than 3 as the other place I found told me they couldn't source them despite listing the right size. He's selling them as ZZR1200 CVK40 ones but they measure the same size as those on the ZRX 36mms.
    I took the carbs off last night and undid the mixture screws, one of them had a broken up o-ring in two pieces - was obvious there was something amiss even before I took the screw out as it was wet around it whereas the others were dry. The other 3 were intact but looked a little swollen compared to the new set, hopefully this will improve the low speed running a fair bit was getting a bit annoying.

They maybe getting ready for an US clean
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast