Thread: CASTLE COMBE 6th Sept CHEAP

CASTLE COMBE 6th Sept CHEAP

So a few of us from down here are doing a track day at Combe on the 6th. If anyone wants to come just add to thread or PM. Combe is a really fast track just south of M4,
    a couple of miles SW of Leigh Delamere services. I'm taking the Rex. Cheapest way is to book for several: one guy books for himself at 130 and each additional geez is 25. Eg 4 guys/gals total cost 230 = 57 per head. Not bad.

If you want to do this you're going to have to contact me quick, the last couple of times we've tried sorting it on here it's just been chaotic. Add to thread if interested but be warned I'll be booking this week - hanging around just means more time for indecision. It's pretty informal, no tyre warmers, decent road tyres and just keeping it real.

One other warning: Combe are strict on noise READ THIS LINK. Having said that I know people with bikes on that list who were accepted It also has to be said that the 105db test is pretty standard for track days everywhere these days. I've fitted the Kerker street can and put in fresh wadding - helluva lot quieter than the race - but I'm still going to noise test it down here first. If it doesn't pass I'll borrow a mates bike....

Re: CASTLE COMBE 6th Sept CHEAP

Would have been interested in coming along yet to get the one piece leathers though! Be interesting to know what the noise level of your Kerker is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Would have been interested in coming along yet to get the one piece leathers though!
    Zip together two piece are normally fine, I've never owned one piece leathers and have done 10's of track days.
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Yeah don't have the zip round suit either! I generally wear textile stuff as its more practical with the weather. One of the good things about drag strips is they generally don't care too much how much noise you make or what gear you wear, though I do get why they need to be a little more particular with track days.

Chris, I've put the street can on and I'm trying to get a measurement down here before taking it up to Combe. Even if you have a db meter the environment in which you test plays a part, and at Coombe the test area is fairly enclosed, which is bad news. If I can roughly replicate it will give me an idea - main thing is to avoid being turned away at the track. I'm prepared for the worst though, which is why I've got another option on stand by

Quote Originally Posted by PALESAINT View Post
    Chris, I've put the street can on and I'm trying to get a measurement down here before taking it up to Combe. Even if you have a db meter the environment in which you test plays a part, and at Coombe the test area is fairly enclosed, which is bad news. If I can roughly replicate it will give me an idea - main thing is to avoid being turned away at the track. I'm prepared for the worst though, which is why I've got another option on stand by
    You could probably just wire or bolt in a little db killer to the perforated baffle tube in the Kerker I suppose, as somebody had done to mine when I'd just got it (its not there anymore!)