Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Hi all just got myself a 1998 zrx 1100 after a 15 year layoff ,bought a don't laugh a virago 535 to see if I still enjoyed it ,and yes within 10 mins loved it and looking to get a bigger bike ,my last bike 15 years ago was a Kawasaki gt 750 ,so I have a soft spot for kawaski's ,like this bike I may be knocking on a bit but still plenty of life left in these old dogs lol , seen this bike Eddie Lawson colours etc with only 9000 miles on clock,so on impulse without test ride bought it ,traveled 200 miles to pick it up on trailer to bring home give it a service cos the lying git advertised it with having full service and told me it was serviced ,which it wasnt the air filter ,oil filter were bogging so done full service and give it a first trial, WOW even with issue's clunky gears etc couldn't stop smiling'' love it '' I'm not mechanicly minded so love this site looking for any advice along the journey ,front end was bit unstable low tyre pressure so looked on here for advice and now correct pressure has owners advice ,and much better handling ,look forward to meeting any members going for rides etc I'm from newport s.wales area cheers
    Last edited by Photoman; 11th August 2017 at 09:46 PM.

Re: New member

Welcome good sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
    I may be knocking on a bit............................................... ....I'm not mechanicly minded so love this site looking for any advice along the journey

Hi and welcome!

Some of our senior members paint their bikes PINK.........have you considered a colour change?

Hello and welcome. Great bike and even better colour, green is the only way for a ELR
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    Hi and welcome!

Some of our senior members paint their bikes PINK.........have you considered a colour change?

Such a funny man but you will get used to him photoman...........................after a long long time

Most peeps are jealous of the uncommon colours you know
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Haha I was looking to get jacket to match bike ,don't think I would look good in pink ,but thanks for thought

Welcome fella

So whats the plan,keep as standard as possible or a monster making big HP ?

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Welkommen, from the left side of the North Sea, on the right. What?
    We need a bigger boat

Welcome to the O.C. loads of info on here when you get to the magic number of posts!
    Loud pipes save lives!

Hi welcome to the forum, good choice of bike and should be minth with that mileage. Tire pressures may start a debate. I run mine at 36psi in the front and 42psi in the rear. The handbook for the 1200 I have says 36 psi for both the front and back but i think most owners go with something nearer to 36/42, certianly works for me.

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast