Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: V-Twin Goodness

Re: V-Twin Goodness

Sharp and color saturated

Polish onslaught

The way recepticle sticks out I did good not placing it next to tach.

I enjoy the mod very much I need to get one for the Rex too as my phone eats battery. I do not think hard mounting for the Rex but hideaway pigtail perhaps.
    Polish onslaught

Bit of dry cleaning today. Grandpa taught me to hand clean and touch everything on a bike while doing it to catch potential problems. Today cut chain needing adjustment...
    Polish onslaught

Squeezed chain service job after finishing compulsory tranny drain and refill on wifey wagon. Tranny service extended itself into throttle body clean and air filter replacement that I had to bike to bring from the parts store. I was able to wiggle myself from the rear brake job as they are still 30%.

Thing is to handle big torque on the ground, not with bike in the air. Suki has giant 36mm nut on the rear axle with almost 100Nm of torque.

I pre treated adjusters with graph Molly when I was doing resto job on the bike couple of years ago, so there was no problem turning them on either side.
    Polish onslaught

URL=http://imgbox.com/fIxUfeKg][/URL]

Reused cotter pin is a sign of a bago. Loop size doesn't matter, diameter does. I trim them to length after installing and bending the wiskers, so just make sure pin is long enough.
    To select; test fit in the shaft hole, needs to go easy but without wiggle.

Famous torque wrench works superb for large torques and particularly castle nuts.
    Castle slot needs to align with hole in the shaft to allow for cotter pin insertion. Note that there are usually two sets of holes, try to insert cotter pin in each, after torquing is done, select one that has easy fit.
    Sometime more adjusting is necessary to have right cotter pin fit. Add torque to achieve this alignment, never go back . Exception is fully loosening and reapplying full spec torque again to achieve pin alignment.

Test ride is a must
    Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 11th February 2019 at 03:38 PM.
    Polish onslaught

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718