Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottoiler set up

Re: Scottoiler set up

If you do that you can be inugerated into the london courier hall of fame and get 80,000 miles from your chain and sprockets.
    W.W.S.D

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Scottoilers are the dogs bollocks.........
    We need a bigger boat

This is using the dual injector. Excuse out of focus shots. It's lasted 10 years so far...
    Scottoiler install (3).jpgScottoiler install.jpgScottoiler install (1).jpgScottoiler install (2).jpg
    2006 ZRX1200R Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    why not just fill half a bucket with oil and chuck it at your swinger and surrounding areas

Lot cheaper and more efficient way of shitting everything up which an oiler does but just takes longer
    I agree with Nige. I took mine off and chucked it when I bought the bike. They are completely unnecessary on a sealed ring chain anyway. As long as you keep the outer link plates clean and occasionally lubed that is all that is needed.

If I wanted oil and shite on my back wheel I would paint it on manually

I have a bike with original chain with 28000 miles and no prospect of changing it soon.
    Set up correctly they work and can be routed to be unobtrusive, you'll only get spots of oil on the front of the swinger. I've seen some terrible installations.
    Anyone plastering oil all over the rear of their bike should really lock up their tool box!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwackman View Post
    This is using the dual injector. Excuse out of focus shots. It's lasted 10 years so far...
    Scottoiler install (3).jpgScottoiler install.jpgScottoiler install (1).jpgScottoiler install (2).jpg
    cheers Kwackman

Quote Originally Posted by t20p1 View Post
    I have a bike with original chain with 28000 miles and no prospect of changing it soon.
    Set up correctly they work and can be routed to be unobtrusive, you'll only get spots of oil on the front of the swinger. I've seen some terrible installations.
    Anyone plastering oil all over the rear of their bike should really lock up their tool box!
    cheers t20p1

scottoilers seem to be like Marmite (whether you love them or hate them)

Forgot i did this, was years ago, still using it, bikes on second chain and sprockets (38000 miles) only issue with it is getting battery out which is a right fiddly fath but doable............

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...toiler-Fitment

Pete
    LIVE EVERY DAY AS THO ITS YOUR LAST CAUSE ONE DAY YOUR SURE TO BE RIGHT!!!

ZRX1200R GREEN AND MEAN

cheers pete

Worth considering the Tutoro automtic chain oiler, the movement of the bike moves a brass weight in the reservoir which in turn pumps the oil down the tube, so no need to connect to a vaccum hose. I have had one for a few years on a numbers of bikes and think it is great, also dead easy to set up.

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Worth considering the Tutoro automtic chain oiler, the movement of the bike moves a brass weight in the reservoir which in turn pumps the oil down the tube, so no need to connect to a vaccum hose. I have had one for a few years on a numbers of bikes and think it is great, also dead easy to set up.

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/
    looked at it and did like the look of it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast