Thread: Yoshimura tmr mjn carbs

Yoshimura tmr mjn carbs

Hi all

Has anyone here had any experience with tmr mjn carbs? If so do you know of any useful links explaining how they work? I've Sussed the needle jet part it's the rest I'm in sure of IE idle circut and mixture screw. Any help would be much appreciated

Re: Yoshimura tmr mjn carbs

Took mine to PDQ.

All I know is that they work by twisting the grip on the right of the handlebar. Oh and MJN stands for multi jet needle (I think)

MJN is a unique device made out of a straight hollowed tube which is made in-house, that replaces conventional jet needle. Through the multiple holes on its sides where the most vacuums are created and sprayed, MJN ejects fuel throughout the carb throat and achieves improved atomization and higher charging efficiency by taking advantage of the high vacuum pressure.
    Another 1 of 6. " Essex Geezers "

Cheers Andy. That much I know. It's the rest of the carb workings that I'm interested in. Thanks anyway mate

Cheers for that mate. I've read that link a few times but it only explains the mjn system it's the rest of the carb workings I'm interested in learning about

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    MJN ejects fuel throughout the carb throat and achieves improved atomization and higher charging efficiency by taking advantage of the high vacuum pressure.
    They make a nice whistling noise.......when you nail em open too!