Thread: ZRX1200R for sale.

ZRX1200R for sale.

There’s an old saying about “you should never meet your hero’s”. Well, I had hankered after a ZRX for some time and after searching for a while I managed to get myself a nice clean example. I paid sensibly strong money for it and I was “well chuffed” to say the least.

I’ve had the bike for about 18 months now and the sad truth is that it just doesn't suite my riding style. I've tried hard to adjust to it - maybe it’s me getting older, but I seem to enjoy riding my smaller, lighter bikes more that the Rex these days. Therefore, I have decided that poor old Rex must go. ☹

So, it’s a ZRX1200R (A3P), first registered 07/2003, MOT’d until Sept 2017 and has under 21k on the clock. I have several old MOT’s and quite a good service history. Oh, and it’s green (metallic). The bike is standard other than being fitted with smaller indicators, a hugger (a sensible mod in my opinion) and a nice Scorpion exhaust can.

The bike is in excellent condition and, if the previous owner is to be believed, it hasn't seen rain for the last 7 years (apart from a shower on the day I drove it home). The only bad point is a mark/ripple in the tank where a previous owner managed to lean the bike against a gate post when accessing his garage. It’s not very noticeable, the paint isn’t broken and a local “dent removal” guy said that it could be sorted easily.

I’m looking for £3500.

I have the original exhaust can as well as a couple of other spare parts squirreled away for future use that can go with the bike if it sells for the full asking price. Also, I have sourced two (used) standard
    indicators - cannot remember if they are the fronts or the rears.

The bike is located in Hertfordshire just outside of the M25 (between J24 & J25). I often work from home, so the bike can be viewed by prior arrangement any time that I am there.

I’ll try to post a couple of pics at the weekend. Or message me with your email address & I will send pictures to you direct.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Last edited by sabre; 22nd May 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Re: ZRX1200R for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre View Post
    There’s an old saying about “you should never meet your hero’s”. Well, I had hankered after a ZRX for some time and after searching for a while I managed to get myself a nice clean example. I paid sensibly strong money for it and I was “well chuffed” to say the least.

I’ve had the bike for about 18 months now and the sad truth is that it just doesn't suite my riding style. I've tried hard to adjust to it - maybe it’s me getting older, but I seem to enjoy riding my smaller, lighter bikes more that the Rex these days. Therefore, I have decided that poor old Rex must go. ☹

So, it’s a ZRX1200R (A3P), first registered 07/2003, MOT’d until Sept 2017 and has under 21k on the clock. I have several old MOT’s and quite a good service history. Oh, and it’s green (metallic). The bike is standard other than being fitted with smaller indicators, a hugger (a sensible mod in my opinion) and a nice Scorpion exhaust can.

The bike is in excellent condition and, if the previous owner is to be believed, it hasn't seen rain for the last 7 years (apart from a shower on the day I drove it home). The only bad point is a mark/ripple in the tank where a previous owner managed to lean the bike against a gate post when accessing his garage. It’s not very noticeable, the paint isn’t broken and a local “dent removal” guy said that it could be sorted easily.

I’m looking for £3500.

I have the original exhaust can as well as a couple of other spare parts squirreled away for future use that can go with the bike if it sells for the full asking price. Also, I have sourced two (used) standard
    indicators - cannot remember if they are the fronts or the rears.

The bike is located in Hertfordshire just outside of the M25 (between J24 & J25). I often work from home, so the bike can be viewed by prior arrangement any time that I am there.

I’ll try to post a couple of pics at the weekend. Or message me with your email address & I will send pictures to you direct.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Steve I'm in St. Albans , can I come see bike and ask a few question please

Hi Arv, you're more than welcome to come & have a look. I'll send you a private message with some contact details

Steve.

Arv, it seems that I cannot send you a PM I get this message back - Arv has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
    I guess that this is because you are a new member? Maybe one of the site administrators can sort this out for you??

Hopefully I've managed to send you an email via the email facility??????????

Steve.

Quick picture of the bike taken this morning....
    IMG_20170525_110931.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sabre View Post
    Arv, it seems that I cannot send you a PM I get this message back - Arv has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
    I guess that this is because you are a new member? Maybe one of the site administrators can sort this out for you??

Hopefully I've managed to send you an email via the email facility??????????

Steve.
    20 post rule I'm afraid...

You have a pm
    Team Phat Bastid - Hants Chapter Wannabe
    The Future is bright .. the Future is ORANGE

Quote Originally Posted by TI GG RRRRRRRRRR View Post
    20 post rule I'm afraid...

You have a pm
    All sorted now - thanks.

****NOW SOLD****