Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hi, fellow Europeans

Re: Hi, fellow Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXLowlands View Post
    http://www.motorparts-online.com/nl
    Not the cheapest but good parts though, at least the gearbox looks perfect!
    Can't beat new for longevity! If mine develops a gearbox issue in future I'll probably just buy the new gears needed instead of messing around with already part worn gearboxes trying to save money...

True, but mine's a 2001 with around 60.000 miles on it so new gears would cost 3 times as much as a "new" used Rex...
    In the mean time my starter didn't move an inch this morning and after pushing it to start up my speedometer lights all went out...
    Battery showing 12,6Volts and engine running smoothly as ever I suspect the starter is dying on me, or could it be the starter relay?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXLowlands View Post
    True, but mine's a 2001 with around 60.000 miles on it so new gears would cost 3 times as much as a "new" used Rex...
    In the mean time my starter didn't move an inch this morning and after pushing it to start up my speedometer lights all went out...
    Battery showing 12,6Volts and engine running smoothly as ever I suspect the starter is dying on me, or could it be the starter relay?
    More likely your battery. See if it jump starts from a car battery (without the car engine running).
    If she starts I'd look at getting a new battery.

Found the problem, the connector to the speedo was partially disconnected, no neutral signal yet still letting other signals come through probably caused the starter to be blocked I guess.
    I first checked the relay, which didn't give any sign of life, then the connections. The latter solved the problem.
    My next guess would have been a malfunctioning relay since the normal voltage got through to it properly.
    Pushing the connector parts together was sufficient to re-enable the neutral signal to get through and allow the starter to fire up.
    Anyhow, a battery with 12.6V is logical when the lights have been on for a couple of minutes trying to start the bloody thing I would think...
    And more then sufficient to start the bike. I just mentioned it not to forget the obvious. Thanks for thinking along with me, always helps!

It's been a while but finally the engines have been swapped.
    What a difference! I decided to go for longevity, that is partially. I ordered new gearshift-forks for the 35k engine with the otherwise good gearbox. The old forks where just within specs but still, if I'll be riding 20-30.000km next year again, better safe then sorry.
    With this I hope to have eliminated a gearbox change for the next few years.
    While at it decided to change the clutch plates and springs... Boy oh boy... What a difference! A joy to ride again!

Now I'm wondering what to do with the seat, utterly uncomfortable on longer rides but I'm not sure the zrxoaboard solution will bring comfort to my buttocks...
    Anyone with experience with that solution?
    Should I do a comfort-mod or just change the seat all together... Hmmm not sure yet.
    Not to insult the Rex lovers here but the original seat is not very well formed but-wise or esthetically...
    The Corbin must be very comfortable because why should one buy an ugly seat like that otherwise?
    There must be a solution for a comfortable seat with good looks!?

Sargent, Corbin, Tony Archer (standard seat modified for a big lad) are seats that I have.

All good but I di 1000 odd miles in 22 hours on a standard seat.

Get a sheepskin rug sir, made the miles on the standard seat bearable

On the Corbin and Sargent (and the TA to a point) i could be on my sofa
    What Goes Around..........!!!

good stuff!

I just ordered a daytone ripmo seat foam and cover set from webike. I like the stock shape but the foam is getting a bit soft. This is basically a stiffer foam and a new cover. Hope to get it in a few weeks

I've had a corbin and hated it, really wide and passive seating, didn't work for me. Weighs a ton too. Also had a tony archer seat, that was very comfy and looked the part too!
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    good stuff!

I just ordered a daytone ripmo seat foam and cover set from webike. I like the stock shape but the foam is getting a bit soft. This is basically a stiffer foam and a new cover. Hope to get it in a few weeks

I've had a corbin and hated it, really wide and passive seating, didn't work for me. Weighs a ton too. Also had a tony archer seat, that was very comfy and looked the part too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Sargent, Corbin, Tony Archer (standard seat modified for a big lad) are seats that I have.

All good but I di 1000 odd miles in 22 hours on a standard seat.

Get a sheepskin rug sir, made the miles on the standard seat bearable

On the Corbin and Sargent (and the TA to a point) i could be on my sofa
    Thx for the info guys!!!

I'll try to ride with my sheep then firstly and while I save some money I'll decide on further actions.
    Wasn't quite looking for a sofa and the Tony looks pretty nice!
    I saw Sargent has the Solo seat too, which looks pretty stock, slightly better even i.m.h.o.. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rx1100-zrx1200

Aparently good, however I've seen reports of cracked fairings on the US site, so wasn't sure. especially since I do a lot of two-up riding
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Thank you!
    I think I will just wait a while until I've made the necessary alterations on the frame for a proper hipster saddle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234