Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi, fellow Europeans

Re: Hi, fellow Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXLowlands View Post
    Nice topic Adrian, great plans!
    Will be reading it!
    My exhaust was wrapped when I got the bike but I didn't like it so I changed the colour.
    That sounds nice! Pipe wrapping is the most appreciated mod here, everybody loves it!
    The only thing to make you more popular is tight pants ))
    As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I'm totally flexible

Quote Originally Posted by adrianripa View Post
    That sounds nice! Pipe wrapping is the most appreciated mod here, everybody loves it!
    The only thing to make you more popular is tight pants ))
    Good thing I can't find my bright silver Ted Nugent pants!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXLowlands View Post
    Good thing I can't find my bright silver Ted Nugent pants!
    That's a shame... they would have made you a star!
    As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I'm totally flexible

east of holland 50feet from the german border

I saw him last year in Vegas and bought him a morning koffie at 4 in the afternoon in the Tropicana, very nice man he is(probably cuz he wanted to shag my missus, hahaha)
    We need a bigger boat

Yeah!!, the smelly bastard, hahahaha!!!
    We need a bigger boat

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    So Miklós wanted to shag yer missus
    Wahaha,
    Speaking of horny musicians, you really are the Elvis of definively intended misinterpretations, God....
    Or am I mistaking you with a certain other board member who likes to "purify" quotes...

What exact date was that in Vegas?

It was July 12th 2015, Tropicana-- Ted Nugent and Doug Altrich...They were doing a gig there, my wife goes to Vegas a few times a year on business (I just think she parties there)
    We need a bigger boat

So until I can open a Pit Stop topic here's a few things about my bike:

2001 ZRX1200 S(ort of)
    About 80-85K km's
    Dynajet stage (?), K&N pods, 4 deg adv, Boss exhaust.
    Metzeler Roadtec M something.
    Fatbar (crappy riding position indeed LOL) so will be fitted with some risers, left on for the looks and probably trimmed on the sides to more of a riders-position instead of the "I'll just keep my arms as wide as I can position because my shoulders are not that impressive in width".

Plans:
    Since building it back to an original ZRX would be a boring and straightforward job and I also have limited time to work on the bike I decided to choose the most unlogical way and do something really time consuming which might very well never be finished but would teach me some skills and overall can be done with as much riding time as possible in the mean time.

Numero uno: Fixing the gearbox.
    Numero due: learning how to do a descent wheelie
    Motoscope mini with custom handlebar bracket,
    Elektronikbox II with handelbar push-buttons, wiring through the bar, thereby removing greater part of the loom and handlebar wiring,
    LED's all around.
    Painting: tank, pannels, hugger, (smaller) frontfender. Colour probably grey, preferably mat with gloss finish but not yet sure about that (see below).
    Staying in practice with the wheelie, trying power wheelie.
    Cutting and welding tail-frame, placing frame-loop and (making?) custom tracker seat.
    Nice and shiney gold Kawasaki letters on the tank, this will probably be the only shiny part on this bike.
    Going on a long weekend trip wit my bro and some others to Dzsermanie to ride the shit out of the Rex, yeah!!!

Hope I can do it all by myself, with a little help from my friends!
    Already made some half-good efforts on a few try-out paint jobs on parts but not yet to my satisfaction.
    Buddy of mine is going to teach me how to glue stuff together with a welding stick and some electrodes so that should amount in heaps of fun and laughter and he'll probably end up doing it for me anyway but for now I'm ambicious.
    And grandmother has a guardian angel she sends out whenever called upon.... so that should do the trick in the end as long as I'm a good boy...

Anyhoo....
    Up until now I did stuff like cleaning and reservicing ceased up rear callipers, changing and balancing tires, discovering the wonders of the looooooooom..... damn that's lots of wiring to explore... mounting accesories like heated grips for the winter, 12V output for the nav/mobile phone, changing chain and sprockets, brake pads etc.

Learning about different kinds of systems on the bike is starting to get more and more fun and each mistake is hopefully one less in the future...
    NOT! So then this gives me courage again: , I leave it for a few days and off we go again, starting a new impossible to do on your own without proper knowledge, tools and experience project!

Besides that I do have a family and NO you can definitely never in your greasy lifetimes meet my beatiful wife nor my equally beatiful daughters, but other then that, my birthday's next monday so you're welcome to have a pint around 6PM on sunday (at the local brewery...duhhh) as my guest as long as you have a - and bring the - missus, you too Nige!
    Last edited by ZRXLowlands; 3rd April 2017 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    It was July 12th 2015, Tropicana-- Ted Nugent and Doug Altrich...They were doing a gig there, my wife goes to Vegas a few times a year on business (I just think she parties there)
    Nope, than it wasn't me with the missus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast