Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copyright?

Re: Copyright?

Quote Originally Posted by the rude Dude View Post
    ..so we can assume you work for free ? the cunts are the ones who first steal, then commercialize other peoples creative output (IMHO).

however.

i just overlayed the two pics for you to see : they stretched your shot slightly, probably because they are fully aware of their shitty deed.

it is obiously your photo they used.

cheers,D
    I know, I know her among a thousand. It's very cool they did this,but they could give me a t-shirt for free
    mad as a box of frogs

..or twenty

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    Is life all about writing letters to wankers and obtaining money??.........Pppfffffffffttttttt.

Now that's whats wrong with the world today.............peeps being cunts.

Who fucking cares??
    Frankly, I don't care either way... its not affecting me in the slightest!

But theft is theft... even if they gave him 50 and a t-shirt, its the principle that counts.

It's his photo. Its not the subject that's copyrighted, its the photo that he took and it's being reproduced without permission on an item designed purely for the other company to make profit.

That's fundamentally wrong. No ifs or buts.

You don't work for free, so why should other's handiwork be any the less rewarded?

Anyway - it is a good t-shirt.. I might get one..

AND, they've sold 19 million t-shirts, are backed by some very large VC firms - so they aren't skint..... probably because they keep borrowing images and not paying for them.....

Well, if anyone is that concerned about the images they post on the web being reused - watermark them or add a copyright notice (maybe don't even post them if you are really bothered).

I know some of my images pop up on several sites. I kinda knew they might when I posted them, however, I do still manage to sleep at night as its really not a big deal to me

Doing a reverse image search. The image in question seems to have been plagiarised from a single frame on a Youtube video.

Under the t's and c's on Youtube it says:

7.2 You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, but you are required to grant limited licence rights to YouTube and other users of the Service. These are described in paragraph 8 of these Terms (Rights you licence).

Paragraph 8 then goes on to say : you grant to each user of the Service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service and under these Terms.

So I'd doubt there is any comeback to be had anyway. Those right to use licences do expire if the content is deleted mind ....... (The above licenses granted by you in Content terminate when you remove or delete your Content from the Website.)

Can we all chill out now ?

This is one from a members frame brace bending tour

You have tenacity Franky ill give you that
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 69libero View Post
    You realize you have done a good job when they begin to make T-shirts in America with your bike picture on them.
    I like the T shirt from the back!

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    From a legal POV, how will you prove it is your bike in the pic ??

It is a green 12 with an Akrapovic , just like loads of other ones out there.

Cruel but true!

Now if it was the sacred CTB!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    You have tenacity Franky ill give you that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast