Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nicked!

Re: Nicked!

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKPILE View Post
    Lets face it, he wasn't thrashing it was he 148 ???? maybe he forgot about a couple of gears.No one on hear has ever really opened it up have they, we ALL stick religiously to all speed limits don't we ???
    Not all no.............................ask the boys in blue about the pensioner hooligan down Notts way
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Worst of all of course is the fact that the ZZR was the wrong colour, of itself meriting a sound thrashing to the buttocks.

When I see unmarked motorcycles, behaving exactly like the biker they are pursuing, I would not be too distressed to see one brought down by either a pissed off, or unnoticing car/truck driver.

There was at least one very close incident with that following bike going through a gap.

If its dumb and dangerous for the ZZR14, it is dumb and dangerous for the (no doubt black) unmarked pursuing bike too.

Use marked bikes or PUT THE FUCKING BLUES ON to let others know.

Everyone passed in that clip would have thought it was two dickheads

... actually they were all right

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If the unmarked police bike had have held back, the bloke would most probably have just carried on his way normally.

We have all done it, I know I have, seen somebody on your tail & upped your pace a bit.

The only thing he did wrong was to be unfortunate enough get caught.

happened to me once on my Z400 I thought someone was racing me so I gave it some stick [my mirrors vibrated like hell so couldn't see who it was].
    Plod easy kept up, eventually I pulled over to find it was a policeman.
    He said he had been following me and I was riding like a gent then suddenly set off like a scolded cat.
    I became all humble, we had a chat and he let me off.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    He said he had been following me and I was riding like a gent then suddenly set off like a scolded cat.
    You should have said you'd recently been shagging some bird and she said her husband was 6' - 2" 16 stone bike cop and you thought it was him....

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Thought Wilky had started posting again then for a moment.

It wasn't he that was going too quickly, just that our speed limits are too low. They have no limit on the autobahn &the verges are not littered with corpses!

Speed doesn't kill, it's the coming to a stop very quickly that hurts.
    Actually, Parts of the autobahns and many other freeway-style highways have introduced limits up to 130 km/h (81 mph) based on accidents etc. Many rural sections still have no general speed limit but that shall probably change in the not too distant future. Not to mention the general driving standards and courtesy are significantly higher in Germany than in the UK. Some political parties are looking towards regulating the entire autobahn network.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6698591.html
    Last edited by Steve65; 6th June 2017 at 05:40 PM.

I lived on the German border with Luxembourg till 2012.

Yes there are limited areas, lots of them in fact and the limits are vigoursly and expensively enforced.

During the day.

On de-restricted areas there is also a presumption of guilt for anyone doing over 130kph involved in an accident with someone doing below.

I spent a lot of time going places very quickly during my years there. I saw many an accident and the days of the exemplary German driver seem past.

A lot of ratty old bangers registered in old East Germany need a wide birth.

Still, everywhere is better than Belgium.

Only 148? Maybe the bike needs a service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123